Thread: Web Helper (32bit)

Default Web Helper (32bit)

Requesting detection and removal addition for Web Helper (32bit), this malware is included with most Torrent services. Recently i've noticed this program running multiple instances in the background while I browse the internet both are utilizing more memory than usual. They are typically running about 75-80% of my CPU capacity according to Task Manager and cause my laptop to slow to a crawl. I know this program is used to record browser habits, display advertising and other legitimate processes, but it also is capable of recording keystrokes, bank information and other things I and most others don't want recorded or trasmitted I think it's time to close this program's loophole for good. Reqesting methods to remove this and dependant systems from user pc's in the next version update.

Hello Tapcargin,

For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016