Thread: Start a scan button

Exclamation Start a scan button

Can we have this moved, or disabled after a scan is complete? I don't know why, but several times, while not paying close attention, I have clicked on that, instead of fix selected problems. So this just starts the scan over. At least have an applet pop up that asks if we are sure. Frankly, I don't see the need for it, once a scan has been started. Why would anyone want to run a scan again, right after completing one? Yeah yeah, I know...just pay closer attention...but the fact that this has happened several times, recently, tells me there is something about it being there that is a problem.

Thank you for your feedback. I will bring this to attention.
    (m/f)

I must admit I'm split here... during testing, both software and signatures, we often re-scan right away, so disabling the Start button after a scan feels unproductive.

During most dialogs, Yes and No buttons are next to each other and are also contradicting choices. I remember the annoyance of many programs not following the standard, so Yes and No are swapped sometimes, which can create issues.

The idea of a confirmation dialog - if the list contains previous scan results - sounds quite good to me, I'll see if we can still squeeze this into 2.8.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)