Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: after a visit from microsoft, things have been sketchy...

Ok, i agree but can you help me out a sec...i d'loaded intel's driver tool which says my graphics card needs new drivers. do you know if these tools install new drivers if needed or do i d'load the driver myself? everything is a lot better now.

ok i've got it, sorry juliet but drivers have always confused me. some install and some don't. mine are intel drivers that lenovo customized and the d'load from lenovo keeps failing so i'll see them about that.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I tend to send people here for issues like this
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=126
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ok i understand and i was there before and the guy wanted me to install windows 10 without ever saying why, i could tell it was above me to do that i knew nothing about alloting space and all. the main thing tho was it hit right in thew middle of me moving. i didn't want to attempt anything major like that going on. i excused myself from the thread, but about 2 days later something pointed me to microsoft. i thought i need to go anyway and check on the browser hijack thing. that's when the tech suggested a link he shared and it did all that was needed to reinstall win10. since it had worked fine until this cursor went nuts. well i don't know why but it's running fine now. if you are finished with me then i'll let someone else have this chair. is there a cleaner i can remove that stuff with or can i just uninstall? thanks juliet

well i don't know why but it's running fine now. if you are finished with me then i'll let someone else have this chair. is there a cleaner i can remove that stuff with or can i just uninstall? thanks juliet
    Sometimes we ain't ever gonna know why things do what they do but, we except it quickly and say hallelujah, thats over.

tools and quarantine folders?

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ok, thanks juliet. sorry i was in Ft. Worth all weekend visiting grandsons. one more thing...a file on my desktop named bin64 is a leftover from the emisoft. it wont delete. it says cannot be deleted because it is in use by another program. how can i get rid of it?

file on my desktop named bin64
    Look for and if found delete C:\EEK
    Then try to delete it again.

ok, juliet is there nothing else to try here? last night this thing started crashing everything, open task manager, i click on it in the menu that pulls up and it takes like a minute...really, to open. in it it will show microsoft edge open in like 6 or 7 windows yet it's not open. any browser i open is very erratic, very slow. if i have 3 window or tabs open, just to switch tabs and it either crashes or takes forever. is there nothing else? maybe i missed something? something is wrong. microsoft called me yesterday telling me the fee i paid...i didn't...they could no longer help with my pc as it was infected and i was getting a refund for payment made but i didn't make one. not sure if that was legit or bs.

Let's try this

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR version linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...-malwarebytes/

run a scan, delete everything it finds, and then copy/paste the content of the mbar-log-DATE-(TIME).txt log that is located in the MBAR folder here after.

also, since things seem to be mixed up, try the below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...m-file-checker

DISM.exe and sfc /scannow

ok juliet and thanks, mbar scanning now and itself is acting screwy, it said done then showed running. everything i click spins and says not responding, anything at all is forever.