Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Malware issues?

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I saw something recently that a Microsoft update went out thats kinda created havoc, don't know if this relates to you and the problems your having but do keep this under your hat.

Before completely running out of ideas of what to do next:

Kaspersky Internet Security

CodeIntegrity:
    ============
    There are several errors related to Kaspersky
    Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20.0\x64\antimalware_provider.dll that did not meet the Microsoft signing level requirements.

This doesn't mean of course the entire problems/s is all because of Kaspersky but it is a possibilty.

What you can try
    Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security, then re-install it again to see if the issues remain.
    Do have handy any paid subscription info if this is a paid for subscription.

Download and run their uninstaller tool from this site.
    This will remove all traces of the program that was uninstalled.
    https://support.kaspersky.com/1464

Restart the computer when the removal is completed.

If all is well and if you wish reinstall the program.
    Restart thie computer after the installation.
    I can also supply a list of free antivirus and paid for antivirus applications if needed.
    -----

Lets try this:
    Download Windows Repair (All-in-One) Portable

Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that from here <= Important

- Right click on and select Run as Administrator (XP users just double click) to start Windows Repair All-In-One.
    (Windows Vista/7/8 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled.)

- A window will appear. Click Step 2.

- Click the Open Pre-Scan button, then click Start Scan. Wait for Windows Repair to finish scanning.

- Depending on which error Windows Repair found, click Repair, Repair Reparse Point or Repair Environment Variable accordingly. When the button changes to "Done!", click the close button to return to Windows Repair.

- Go to Step 3, then click Check in the See If Check Disk Is Needed.

- If Windows Repair stated that errors are found, click Open Check Disk At Next Boot. Choose (/R) Fixes errors on the disk also locate bad sectors and recovers readable information, then click Add To Next Boot. Reboot the computer to let Windows check the disk.

- Go to Step 4, then click Do It.

- Go to Step 5. Under System Restore click Create.

- Go to Repairs and click Open Repairs. Unselect all checkmarks, except Repair WMI, then click Start Repairs.

- By default Windows Repair All-In-One will create a "Logs" folder in its folder on the Desktop. Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

Let me know how you make out on the above.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thanks Juliet. This will take me some time.

Is there a reason the MS issue is hush hush?

And are you saying YOU see an issue with Kaspersky on my machine or is it something you've read? Maybe I can contact Kaspersky and see if they know about any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by loopdiloop View Post
    Thanks Juliet. This will take me some time.

Is there a reason the MS issue is hush hush?

And are you saying YOU see an issue with Kaspersky on my machine or is it something you've read? Maybe I can contact Kaspersky and see if they know about any issues?
    The Microsoft issues are not hush hush. Every month there are new reports on google and other web sites reporting problems with the latest ones distributed.

The FRST tool reports issues found in the event viewer, there is where I saw errors referring to Ksapersky
    CodeIntegrity:
    ============
    There are several errors related to Kaspersky
    Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20.0\x64\antimalware_provider.dll that did not meet the Microsoft signing level requirements.

This doesn't mean of course the entire problems/s is all because of Kaspersky but it is a possibility.
    You would probably help yourself out contacting Kaspersky with what is found in the report. There wasn't just one there were several.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.