Thread: http://validate.perfdrive.com/captcha?...

Default http://validate.perfdrive.com/captcha?...

I am getting redirected to this page which will not load every time I try to go to my checking account. Is this a virus? It is not detected by Norton or this program. What is it, and can I eliminate it?

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

you can use a free browser extension like Adblock that can cut back on some pop ups.

Let's run a couple of scans

If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
    If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it Here
    Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
    Once the scan is completed and items are quarantined, it might ask to reboot.
    The log can be found by opening Malwarebytes click on Detection history click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.

~~~

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop
    • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
    • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan Now
    • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Quarantine/Repair and restart button. This will kill all active processes
    • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
    • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

Please post these 2 logs when finished.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

It's getting late here I wont be back till morning.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    It's getting late here I wont be back till morning.
    Malwarebtes didn't find anything.

Had to reboot. Can't find the second log, but it didn't find the captcha item.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
    • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
    • Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
    • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
    • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
    • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.

(Scan times will vary from one system to another. Sometimes the scan may appear to hang and you may even see a message that says, Program not responding. Most likely that will be temporary and the scan will resume on its own. It is not unusual for a complete scan to take up to10 minutes or even longer depending on what the scan is finding.)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
    • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
    • Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
    • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
    • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
    • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.

(Scan times will vary from one system to another. Sometimes the scan may appear to hang and you may even see a message that says, Program not responding. Most likely that will be temporary and the scan will resume on its own. It is not unusual for a complete scan to take up to10 minutes or even longer depending on what the scan is finding.)
    I searched both files that were generated for the words "perfdrive" and "captcha" and it found neither. I am not comfortable posting the two log files that contain every last detail about my system for everyone to see, so I am going to drop this matter from this thread at this time. Thanks for your assistance.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.