Thread: Closing Windows 7 and removing Spybot professional

Default Closing Windows 7 and removing Spybot professional

Hi, I will be closing down my old Windows 7 computer and will be removing the Spybot Professional that will expire in Mar. I have no problem with any time left on it. I got my money's worth. I have since purchase a new Windows 10 and have already put in Spybot Professional in it. (Would not have a computer without it). My question is this. I want to make sure that I am not on the auto-renewal program. I have my receipts, but am not sure where to find out if I agreed to an auto-renewal. Can you point me in the right direction? I do not want to accidentally cancel my new subscription and will be renewing it when it comes due.

Hi. As far as I'm aware, Spybot does not auto renew, and I did have a look and found an older Spybot page that says this at the bottom:
    Spybot license renewals must be done manually, and will never happen automatically. This ensures that you are never charged by Safer-Networking Ltd for a purchase you did not intend to make.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/renewal/
    However, the page says it is older at the bottom, and I do not see that info in the new FAQ menu anywhere:
    This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.
    So it's probably best just to doublecheck that with Spybot support to be sure it is still current. They have a contact page here where you can ask them about auto renewals:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform
    hth.