Thread: Both Computers Crushed Under 100% CPU and 80%+ Memory Usage

Default Both Computers Crushed Under 100% CPU and 80%+ Memory Usage

I apologize if this duplicates any thread or if it is in the incorrect location, it has taken over an hour to get online, registered, and starting this post as both of my computers (laptop and desktop) have exploded with Live Protection dialog processes (apparently responding to the waterfall of Windows Problem Reporting (32 bit) processes that I see in Task Manager). I think that my first dial-up was faster.

I will check back tomorrow when I have some patience restored. I am wondering if there is a known issue that has shown up in the past 24-72 hours. Did Microsoft or Spybot push out a recent update that isn't playing well with the other?

I have rebooted both computers with no improvement (takes forever to start up as Live Protection scans all tray apps) and both are running Win10 and Spybot +AV v2.7

I will happily provide more information. I will also check my registered eMail address tomorrow when I can hopefully stomach the lag between keystrokes and the appearance of the characters on screen.

Thank you in advance.

Hello URSoMyHero,

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Best regards,
    tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Similar issue with more info

Hello,

I have received over 190k errors over the last 48 hours with the "On access Live Protection" with Spybot 2.7. my CPU was maxed but memory seemed ok.
    Please see the following error log

"application error[error] 1000 Faulting application name: SDOnAccess.exe, version:2.7.64.12 (unresolved) , time stamp: 0x5ad9aa10Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:6.3.9600.19425, time stamp: 0x5d26ae6eException code: 0x0eedfadeFault offset: 0x00034e28Faulting process id: 0x23c474Faulting application start time: 0x01d5dc3837d4067aFaulting application path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDOnAccess.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: 75b9d54e-482b-11ea-80ea-00155d7d7822Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:"

I'm checking to see if any other error occurred on any other file but with almost 200k errors so far I've only found "KERNELBASE.dll" listed

I had to turn off Live protection to release the CPU lockup, I'm currently trying to run updates but now I see that some of the update mirrors are down and may have been for a few days if not longer in a few other posts from today.

Any guidance would be appreciated, and thanks for your time

Hello Chipp,

Please open a support ticket here, thank you.

I linked them to this thread also.

Best regards,
    tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016