Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer taking forever to start

MalwareBytes didn't delete after I restarted the computer. I can keep it on my computer for future use but many times when I open a website, I get this popup "Website blocked due to hijack". How do I get rid of that?

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Based on your description of events it sounds like what happened was that an image or a bad ad, from the site in question attempted to load among the results so it was blocked by Malwarebytes via the Web Protection component.
    it prevents your system from connecting to any site in its block list so you don't have to worry about anything malicious.

If you want to turn this feature off you can, myself I would leave it on at all times

When the window/alert opens again, see if there is a little checkmark you can click on the says, don't show this alert again?

OR
    Open Malwarebytes, under the real time protection shield, click on the button beside Web Protection and this should turn it off.

Or
    You can go to add remove programs list and remove the application from there.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

I just decided to remove the program completely until I need it again.
    Thank you for all your help, I think I'm good now! :o)

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.