Thread: Cannot run Spybot with Windows Defender after current Windows 10 updates

Default Cannot run Spybot with Windows Defender after current Windows 10 updates

Since the most recent Windows 10 updates, I noticed that Spybot was turned on as Anti-Virus and Windows Defender was turned off.
    Initially, I was confused because I have the Free Edition which does not have Anti-Virus protection. Then, I found a FAQ post that indicated that Windows Defender will stop running when Spybot is installed because Spybot contains Anti-Virus components from the paid edition.

I followed the instructions (to the letter) to disable Spybot's Security Center Service but could not disable/stop Systems Services. After rebooting, Sypbot re-enabled itself and the problem returned.

I uninstalled Spybot from Windows/Settings/Apps but discovered that it had not uninstalled and that Spybot was trying to "upgrade" after rebooting. Had to manually delete all Spybot files from several directories.

I have this same Anti-Virus conflict on my other Windows 10 devices and will have to manually remove Spybot there.

I liked having the additional protection that Spybot offered but not to the extent that it would disable Windows Defender.
    Can someone address this problem??

In regards to being unable to disable Spybot's security center service, please see this thread for an explanation on that:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...re-integration

There's a contact form here, if you'd like to contact Spybot support:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Default Zenobia

While I appreciate Zenobia's reply and the explanation in the links he provided, it did not resolve the problem.
    As of this date, I've had to manually remove Spybot from all of my Windows 10 devices (ThinkPad E545, Dell Optiplex PC, HP desktop PC, and today my Microsoft Surface Pro).
    I've already emailed (many weeks ago) the Spybot support team with details of this problem but have not heard back.

I will also attempt to contact customer service, but I concur this is a huge issue for a lot of people... to include the dozens for whom I've installed Spybot for over the years.