Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Protection driver fail

Default Live Protection driver fail

Old question, but the FAQ answer didn't work.

I have a licensed (new) Home edition, and Live Protection driver will not install. I cleared the old (2.7) installation, installed 2.8.67.0, and all of that works as expected. I did the requested restarts, etc. Live Protection, even running Start Center as Admin fails. Full patched Win10 with many Gb of free space.
    It's important to know when to stop arguing with people, and just let them be wrong.

There's a contact form on the spybot website. Since the FAQ didn't work, you could try filling that out to get help from Team Spybot:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Question I have also failed to activate Live protection

Quote Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
    Old question, but the FAQ answer didn't work.

I have a licensed (new) Home edition, and Live Protection driver will not install. I cleared the old (2.7) installation, installed 2.8.67.0, and all of that works as expected. I did the requested restarts, etc. Live Protection, even running Start Center as Admin fails. Full patched Win10 with many Gb of free space.

50/5000
    Hello I have the same problem with my home license

You managed to solve it?

Default Me too - live protection driver won't install and no support from Spybot

I also have Home Edition.
    Live Protection drivers won't install.
    Have fresh re-installed many times, including removing remnants of previous installed versions. This always has zero effect.
    Spybot support isn't responding. About as much use as tits on a bull.

I'm using operating Win10, fully updated. This issue has come out of the blue.

Default I have the same problem

Yesterday, I renewed my annual Licence for Professional Ediion + AV 2.8

I had to update my existing version of Spybot which did have a working Live Protection.

The updated version will not accept Live Protection despite many attempts.

Default CRAGUSBE - additional thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAGUSBE View Post
    Yesterday, I renewed my annual Licence for Professional Ediion + AV 2.8

I had to update my existing version of Spybot which did have a working Live Protection.

The updated version will not accept Live Protection despite many attempts.
    Looked up some old correspondence about SpyBot Problems and found a suggestion that I should install
    SpyBot using Administrator Mode to ensure that it contains all needed bells & whistles.

I am prepared to do this: un-installing the existing files and then re-installing
    the downloaded Pro 2.8 (right-clicking on this file and selecting Administrator Mode).
    But I do not have a copy of my Licence Code, and do not know if it is included in the downloaded 2.8 exe file.

Would appreciate some guidance from Support on this.

Thanks.

There's a page for lost licenses, CRAGUSBE. You could give that a try:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/lost-license/
    Or, you can ask support on this page if you prefer, whether it's about the license key or whether you try installing with the installer in administrator mode and live protection driver still does not install:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Default Same issues with LIVE PROTECTION still not able to use - what is going on?

Where is this fix? I have been dealing with this issue since before the newest 2.8 update(s) and cannot figure it out. I sent my entire log file to the Spybot team and I haven't heard back yet what the results were to fix it. They haven't been able to figure out how to resolve this issue yet. Last I heard from them was a few weeks ago. I am hoping that something is going to be done about this soon as it protects our computer while we use it, so it is driving me crazy that it once worked and now it doesn't. Any other issues with anyone else that can maybe help me resolve this if they got feedback from Rob to make this work? It prompts me to load it and run it but it doesn't actually do anything and when I try to activate it, it doesn't do anything either, from the icon near the bottom of the taskbar. So still waiting patiently with an answer to this. HELP HELP HELP I am still drowning.........

Quote Originally Posted by forrestpettengill View Post
    Where is this fix? .........
    I too have heard nothing in three weeks.
    I'm wondering whether Spybot has just crept off into the night, having dumped a bogus software product on us.
    I considering contacting my credit card to report fraud.

Default Same Issue

Quote Originally Posted by bagof View Post
    I too have heard nothing in three weeks.
    I'm wondering whether Spybot has just crept off into the night, having dumped a bogus software product on us.
    I considering contacting my credit card to report fraud.
    I am having the same exact issue as everyone here in this thread, and no response from CS when I told them their suggestions (that I had already tried and told them I did before contacting them in the 1st place) did not work and since then they have not replied to my emails. If anyone has a fix for this, please help!