Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDSpybotLab.exe Update News Popup

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DAThomasJr View Post
    I have had same problem on three computers (2 desktop and 1 laptop) since my last update of Spybot. I tried everything, but this morning I saw the advise to change the name of SDSpybotLab.exe. To do so, I performed an File Explorer search for SDSpybotLab.exe. It took a while, but it finally came up with one result. I changed the name to SDSpybotLab.exe.REMOVEtoRESTORE and I expect the problem to be resolved.

I'd prefer a cleaner solution and I am disappointed that Spybot did not thoroughly test how frequently this comes up and that there is no known way to quickly disable it. I bet a lot of people are looking for this thread.

Spybot, please fix this ASAP!

--DATJ
    I went in and just deleted that file, hopefully it has done the trick. I have opened a support ticket and waiting to hear what they advise.

Default Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    The idea of SpybotLab is (and was) to keep you as users informed with the latest news of our products and what we are developing. We know that pop-ups are annoying and thus every news article will only show once now. We will add some more features to SpybotLab so that it will help you better keeping updated. We would like to thank you all for your input and support.

Why not just add UPDATE NEWS to the start center so we can decide if we want to read it or not instead of having an annoying pop-up thrown on screen during presentations or other things when trying to conduct business or working. ALL POP-UPS SUCK!!!! that is why we use SSD!