Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDSpybotLab.exe Update News Popup

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DAThomasJr View Post
    I have had same problem on three computers (2 desktop and 1 laptop) since my last update of Spybot. I tried everything, but this morning I saw the advise to change the name of SDSpybotLab.exe. To do so, I performed an File Explorer search for SDSpybotLab.exe. It took a while, but it finally came up with one result. I changed the name to SDSpybotLab.exe.REMOVEtoRESTORE and I expect the problem to be resolved.

I'd prefer a cleaner solution and I am disappointed that Spybot did not thoroughly test how frequently this comes up and that there is no known way to quickly disable it. I bet a lot of people are looking for this thread.

Spybot, please fix this ASAP!

--DATJ
    I went in and just deleted that file, hopefully it has done the trick. I have opened a support ticket and waiting to hear what they advise.

Default Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    The idea of SpybotLab is (and was) to keep you as users informed with the latest news of our products and what we are developing. We know that pop-ups are annoying and thus every news article will only show once now. We will add some more features to SpybotLab so that it will help you better keeping updated. We would like to thank you all for your input and support.

Why not just add UPDATE NEWS to the start center so we can decide if we want to read it or not instead of having an annoying pop-up thrown on screen during presentations or other things when trying to conduct business or working. ALL POP-UPS SUCK!!!! that is why we use SSD!

Unhappy Spybot Lab Popup

Followed the thread here to remove SDSpybotlab.exe so I could lose the annoying Popup, but it now breaks the functionality of Start Centre! It reloaded the file during the 'update' process, so it seems that you can't get rid of it anymore. I understand the need to promote the company and monetize it's products, but to do it in the very way that it's users are trying to remove from their computer as it is malware? I have used Spybot for many years and I don't recall it ever letting me down. I am not so narrow minded to remove it based on one annoying behaviour, but I feel that the pressure to make more money is finally starting to show through. I will, however, close the Popup without reading it on principle now. I feel that it should have been added to Start Center, so that users can open and read it if they have time. I quite often do the updates, start a scan and then wander off to do something else while it is running, because although I have quite a reasonable computer with SSD's, it still takes time to perform a scan.
    Anyway, that's my 2p on the subject...

I've just made an account to say this: the popup crashes most of my fullscreen applications. I've lost weeks of work thanks to it. Just yesterday 5 hours of work were cut in half because a popup had to come out for no reason (no reason because there was no new information on it). This still isn't working like it was stated in this thread, the popup appears seemingly at random intervals. So after years if not decades of using SpyBot it's time to remove it like any malware. I won't yell that I want back the money I've donated to you over the years, I consider it well spent, but I will say this: I am disappointed in you, in your lack of understanding that instead of informing me of new products and services your popup makes it near impossible for me to work from home when I have no alternative, I can't go back to the office and work there, at least not yet. I wish I could just ignore the popup and move on, but I can't waste any more time.

Another dissatisfied customer here. Like the person above I made an account just to complain about this.

I've used Spybot for years and it's been great, but this popup is driving me up the wall and I am very close to uninstalling it for good.

I don't care if there's new news, popups are terrible and universally hated. What's more, this one throws me out of any fullscreen application I happen to be using, back to the desktop just to tell me something I don't care about.
    If there's new news, show it in the Start Centre instead.

POPUPS ARE TERRIBLE AND ARE EXACTLY THE THING PEOPLE INSTALL ANTI-MALWARE TO STOP, NOT MAKE MORE OF THEM.

Default Refund warranted, and uninstall imminent

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    The idea of SpybotLab is (and was) to keep you as users informed with the latest news of our products and what we are developing. We know that pop-ups are annoying and thus every news article will only show once now. We will add some more features to SpybotLab so that it will help you better keeping updated. We would like to thank you all for your input and support.
    If I wanted to be updated about what changes you make (like removing black/whitelist) I CAN CLICK ON SOMETHING FOR UPDATES.

I DO NOT NEED a popup EVERY TIME I start my computer. It has interrupted work, closed other processes, and just generally been a NUISANCE.

I now leave the window open and minimized while I am working so as to prevent a stupid mistake.

Why did I pay for SpyBot if I'm going to get the same garbage popups THAT CANNOT BE DISABLED as any other garbage program?

It is not a valuable feature. We should be able to opt-in. It shouldn't be default and unavoidable.

Default Made an account just to register my complaint

This is now the second time that this pop up issue has happened. At least the first time it was fixed in a (relatively) timely manner. This time around, it's been over a month. Given that this isn't the first time this mistake has been made, I would expect a QUICK FIX for a KNOWN PROBLEM. It's been reported by many people...

I'm just adding my own voice to this thread. I've used SB for 20 years at least and have never been this pissed off.

Secondly, I NEVER give my actual BD to any website. The ONLY people who need to know this are the Government (in which ever location you are) and your own friends and family. I'm frankly amazed that you have this as a requirement. Think of something else.

Default ...at least Twice a Day!

Another long-time user here and just needed to register in order to voice irritation with this pop-up.
    It's November and this is still happening at least twice a day! I'm not sure what triggers it!

S&D says its software is up to date. (2.8.67.0)

I would rather not uninstall S&D.
    How can I stop this annoying pop-up that has been happening for far too long?

Thom

Default Spybot doesn't care about you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by roarin View Post
    Another long-time user here and just needed to register in order to voice irritation with this pop-up.
    It's November and this is still happening at least twice a day! I'm not sure what triggers it!

S&D says its software is up to date. (2.8.67.0)

I would rather not uninstall S&D.
    How can I stop this annoying pop-up that has been happening for far too long?

Thom
    I have written to them twice about this. I get the robot generated response that says they will get back to me but they have not.
    This is an upsurd situation. I have used this program for years. I have contributed because I like the program. Recently I purchased the Pro version and this is when this problem started. I have not found a way to update to a newer version, (if it exhists.)
    I hate this pop up. When my paid subscription is ended, so is this program. I will delete every trace of it and will allert my friends.
    Very unhappy long time user.