Followed the thread here to remove SDSpybotlab.exe so I could lose the annoying Popup, but it now breaks the functionality of Start Centre! It reloaded the file during the 'update' process, so it seems that you can't get rid of it anymore. I understand the need to promote the company and monetize it's products, but to do it in the very way that it's users are trying to remove from their computer as it is malware? I have used Spybot for many years and I don't recall it ever letting me down. I am not so narrow minded to remove it based on one annoying behaviour, but I feel that the pressure to make more money is finally starting to show through. I will, however, close the Popup without reading it on principle now. I feel that it should have been added to Start Center, so that users can open and read it if they have time. I quite often do the updates, start a scan and then wander off to do something else while it is running, because although I have quite a reasonable computer with SSD's, it still takes time to perform a scan.
Anyway, that's my 2p on the subject...