Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SDSpybotLab.exe Update News Popup

Default Uninstalled SS&D and Antibeacon because of nuisance popup

Okay, I get it, you changed the blacklist / whitelist thing, well done, good for you. But I don't need to have a popup telling me how virtuous and pc you are several times a day! I created an account here so I could have a grumble about it, but now I see people have been complaining about it for a year at least and nothing has been done about it, so I've uninstalled both apps because you don't seem to have any intention of removing it.
    I may reinstall them again in the future if and when when this nuisance is removed, both apps are very good but this pop up is malware, exactly the kind of thing security software is supposed to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitepatience View Post
    Okay, I get it, you changed the blacklist / whitelist thing, well done, good for you. But I don't need to have a popup telling me how virtuous and pc you are several times a day! I created an account here so I could have a grumble about it, but now I see people have been complaining about it for a year at least and nothing has been done about it, so I've uninstalled both apps because you don't seem to have any intention of removing it.
    I may reinstall them again in the future if and when when this nuisance is removed, both apps are very good but this pop up is malware, exactly the kind of thing security software is supposed to prevent.
    +1 well said. I'd add did ANYONE think "black list" was a race thing, a reference to or disparaging of people with African heritage? No.

People (authoritarian) insist on telling us what to say (on threat of persecution, being canceled). People that draw attention to race are dividing us for power not righteousness. Tell them no. People who cave to their threats I pray find courage to standup for common sense and sanity and true freedom of thought and speech.

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” MLK

Angry

I just uninstalled mine...I couldn't do it anymore. I was getting this pop up every so many hours..

Default Same problem here

I am also a new forum member who joined just because of these nuisance news popups. Not sure what everyone else is seeing but I get pop ups almost every hour from the SSD application.

Is this really not going to be fixed? Or is un-installation the only solution?

Which version of Spybot do you have? If you open Spybot start center, then click File, then About start center...., it will show the version of spybot also. Can you post the version listed here, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Which version of Spybot do you have? If you open Spybot start center, then click File, then About start center...., it will show the version of spybot also. Can you post the version listed here, please?
    On point, thanks Zenobia!

I was informed that Users who have version 2.8.69.138 still installed will see the Spybot lab pop up continuously and so need to reinstall Spybot and upgrade to 2.8.69.139
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default ?????

Where did you find that version? I went to the site and it direct me to places that only have 2.8.68.0

Hello rokit88,

Quote Originally Posted by rokit88 View Post
    Where did you find that version? I went to the site and it direct me to places that only have 2.8.68.0
    Apologies. I will let them know.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016