Thread: How to Manually install License Key without ?spybot2-license.exe?

Default How to Manually install License Key without "spybot2-license.exe"

I have been using Spybot for more than half a decade.

A few weeks ago, I purchased my new License Key in order to renew my Home Edition of Spybot Search and Destroy.

On April 11, 2020 I received Invoice 414017. This included my new License Key, now paid for, and now in my possession.

In the packet sent to me with the License was an executable installer file:
    "spybot2-license.exe"

My use of this Installer File produced the pop-up dialog box message: "Unable to download your license." Etc. etc, etc,,,,

Last year a very similar reaction occurred, most likely because of my "outdated" WinXP, or my Firefox, or my home-built system?.etc, etc, etc,

Also, it appears impossible to produce any page that will provide a "Enter new license button" or Dialog Box?

So, last year, with the help of the imaginative Spybot team, I was able to manually install the New License Key--successfully.

This involved my copying and pasting the License into the Spybot software, And this allowed me to use the Spybot Home Edition for another year, now renewed manually.

Is there any personnel who are able, once again, to help clarify a manual installation that will bypass the "spybot2-license.exe" file? I was able to do this last year. I have paid for and already received my new License Key.

I merely need instructions to manually insert this License without the use of the uncooperative "spybot2-license.exe" file that is clearly programmed for much more contemporary software.

Thank you, in advance. For your help.
    Last edited by Muddyhead; 2020-05-09 at 00:51.

Spybot has a youtube video on installing a new license key which might be helpful. The instructions sound similar to what you may have done the first time to copy and paste in the license key:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZys1sPXLpI
    If that doesn't work please post back, and I'll refer you to the contact page.

Thank you, Zenobia, for your attempt.

The YouTube link presents a preferred, but dissimilar sequence of pages than those presented to me with my own Spybot installation.

When my own page sequence arrives at the page presumed to feature a button labeled "Enter a new License Key"--the page presented to me with my own Spybot installation features a button labeled "Renew my license now!"--which, of course, links me to a web page setup to sell me, yet again, a new License Key such as I have already purchased and received.

The trick, I seek, is to get a page to ask for my license key. Or, failing that, a way to copy/paste my License Key into a folder someplace, that will produce the desired result of an properly renewed, properly operating software.

Spybot is a very useful software that I very much like. If only...

You're welcome. Sorry it didn't work.
    Please use the contact form here to ask for help with inputting the license. You can link to this post in the message if you like, so the person assisting you can be put up to speed with everything:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform