Hello crogonint,

Quote Originally Posted by crogonint View Post
I started out with Comodo, then FortiNet, then Heimdal, then SpyHunter, then MalwareBytes, and now Spybot. Everything including Spybot has only detected silly nonsense (cookies, ad delivery junk in the registry, etc.). Nothing I would consider a package containing a 'probable suspect' let alone a positive hit. Spybot is my 'old faithful', I always use it last to try to detect stuff, because I'm confident that it will find stuff that nothing else can. I'm at the point now where I would like to request official assistance, if you guys have time to help. My next step would be to download all of the offline virus scanners, and SuperSpyware and other junk to 'throw them at the wall and see what sticks'.
That's a lot of programs.

Quote Originally Posted by crogonint;484740
So, I ran the Spybot root-kit scanner. It found a TON of Alternate Data Streams under Dropbox, and a couple of others. I'm including a screenshot of that below. Currently, the window is just sitting there like that, with the Stop button grayed out, so I haven't done anything. I came here to ask you how to proceed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG
13229[/ATTACH]
The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool and not a scan and fix program. The log alone isn't waving a flag, sometimes even legitimate software uses rootkit technologies. For future reference the RootAlyzer forum is here.

Quote Originally Posted by crogonint View Post
Ok, so first things first, I read about the first 1/3rd of the 'Before you Post' post. Good lord that thing is long.
The forum FAQ includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

However, there isn't a volunteer analyst available at this time. I see you started a topic at the malwarebytes forum before posting here, please follow up with the assistance they offered.

Best regards,

tashi