Thread: Get Failed to Save Data when installing Spybot AV & Spybot Anti-Beacon using a Key

Default Get Failed to Save Data when installing Spybot AV & Spybot Anti-Beacon using a Key

I am getting Failed to Save Data when installing Spybot AV & Spybot Anti-Beacon using a Key for Spybot - Search & Destroy Standard Installer [spybotsd-2.8.68.0.exe].
    I had to reset my PC and thus I need to re-install Spybot AV & Spybot Anti-Beacon.
    I purchased Spybot AV Home Edition several years ago and purchased Spybot Anti-Beacon separately as an add-on a few years ago.
    Please help me as I have not gotten a reply in over 5 days from Spybot Tech Support from my request for help.
    Thanks!

Hello DonZ01,

Quote Originally Posted by DonZ01 View Post
    Please help me as I have not gotten a reply in over 5 days from Spybot Tech Support from my request for help.
    Thanks!
    I checked with support and the last email they received from you at the address you registered with here was 261 days ago.

Perhaps you used a different email address? Could you send me a private message to confirm please.

Best regards,

tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

The below is the automated reply I got from my request for help to Spybot Tech Support.

I also sent followup emails to the below email address and did not hear back.

If you are really with Team Spybot, then you should be able to see my email address in my Spybot Forum profile.

Please advise?

Team Spybot <teamspybot@spybot.info>
    To:
    Don Zimmermann

Sun, May 10 at 6:40 AM

Thank you for contacting The Spybot Support Team at Safer-Networking Ltd.

We will respond to your support query email as soon as one of our team members becomes available. If you have not already done so it might be worthwhile checking our Support Forums.

Office Opening Hours:
    Monday ? Friday
    09:00 ? 17:00 GMT

During holiday periods there may be a delay before you get a response due to reduced staffing levels.

If you want to add more information please reply to this email or use the ticket number below in the subject line of your email.

Ticket number: 2020051080000187

If you do not use this ticket number it may delay your getting a response.

The Spybot Support Team.

Quote Originally Posted by DonZ01 View Post

If you are really with Team Spybot, then you should be able to see my email address in my Spybot Forum profile.
    Yes I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello DonZ01,

I checked with support and the last email they received from you at the address you registered with here was 261 days ago.
    I will provide support with a link to this topic. Thank you for the additional information.

Best regards, tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Tashi,

I did see at the bottom of this Spybot Forum page that you are listed as the Moderator which is good since I do not share my email address with just anyone.

I will send you a DM anyway with my email address.

You said "I will provide support with a link to this topic" but I have not received it yet.

Please advise?

Thanks,
    Don Z.

I was able to install Spybot after I turned off Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, RegHunter and SpyHunter as suggested by Rob from Team Spybot who finally responded to me after a week for my support request.