Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i don't know what to do, this pc seems to be badly infected...

ok i guess so you've done it again. you have gone and ruined a perfectly fouled up mess and made it resemble a pc! i'll rerun that and do it right thanks juliet, i was beginning to think i'd throw this one in the trash!

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

i was beginning to think i'd throw this one in the trash!
    I think you and the computer have been through a lot.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ok juliet, sorry...the report gives the file location, i can't figure out how in mmalwarebytes to quarentine them now but can i just go to the filr, the last in each string and delete them?

C:\USERS\RONNY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Data\ ---->LevelDB <-----

also this pc is running far better but in both edge and firefox i still have way more than normal "not responding" prompts. also in task mgr, even it freezes up.

I researched , Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Trial this setting is On by default unless you unchecked the box OFF.

i still have way more than normal "not responding" prompts. also in task mgr, even it freezes up.
    I can direct you to:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Also, check to see if you have the windows update mentioned in this article.
    KB4556799

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...ws-10-upgrade/

sorry, been dealing with a hot water heater here also. and guess what? that update installed may 13. i did as follows in the uninstall. wow, that's just great isn't it? microsoft the culprit. think they're there to help but my gosh. ok so let me see how this runs now and i'll be back. thanks!

Don't forget to Use the System File Checker tool

I checked my machine for windows update mentioned in this article.
    KB4556799
    Uninstalled it and experienced lag in some of my apps and browser so I manually checked for windows updates and I had two, KB4497165 and KB4556799
    I downloaded and installed and now mine is back to normal.

Check for windows updates and see if you have any pending.

well i'm just flusterated! still all i get when i click on something is "not responding". they need to change from windows to wheels. everything i do gets that little wheel running. it seems it starts oit ok, then it sadly slips back to going nowhere

Don't worry over throwing yours out the window, I'm coming over to stomp on it myself........joking

Try to run windows System File Checker tool
    using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

In the CMD window which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit ENTER <=theres a space between the sfc and /

If it wont run in normal mode you can attempt safe mode.

~~~
    Tell me what you've attempted to do but wont run?