Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Defender w/ RTP inside WSSC & Spybot S&D w/ LP outside WSSC

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Viking View Post
    While the problem may be solved for 40DonZ01 and others who eventually find this post, the fact that the free version of Spybot currently unavoidably disables Windows virus protection without informing the user and without itself providing real-time virus protection, and prevents it from being re-enabled without uninstalling Spybot or using a registry editor, is still a problem. Spybot should basically be detecting itself as malware that compromises system security at this point.
    Well I'm not sure what happened but the issue seems to have been fixed in 2020 and the re-presented itself here in June 2022. Fortunately I found this thread, but heartily concur with Sven's comments above. Imagine the fun I'm about to have trying to walk my wife through registry edits over the internet, since I am on an extended work trip right now...

Default Still a problem

February of 2023 and this is still a problem. Worse, these instructions didn't work.

We've just updated the installer for the upcoming release (everything is tested expected for this last thing) to not install the Security Center service during a Free Edition installation.

Some Windows releases back (version 1607 and earlier), the Security Center had a separate "Anti-Spyware" category where Spybot (even Free) could reside without conflicting with other security solutions. It's time to remove support for such old Windows versions really.

Will post about the solution for Spybot +AV later today or tomorrow
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 17.21.54.jpg

A new page in the installer (if a license is provided, otherwise "Second Opinion" is assumed and no Security Center integration installed) will be available.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)