Thread: Live Protection OFF, AS+AV OFF, Internet UNPROTECTED

Default Live Protection OFF, AS+AV OFF, Internet UNPROTECTED

Installed SB AV 2.8 Professional for two PC's fine on one of two PC's. Put Professional setup file that I downloaded from the purchase email onto a portable HD and tried to install it on another PC, but it would not install properly. Security Center Service and Scanner Service have yellow triangles and exclamation points, and options are greyed out. Before it disappeared, I saw a message that said that Microsoft could not verify the file or something like that. I thought maybe it was because I tried to install the file on a different computer than the one I downloaded it from, but I've never had that problem with anything before. Still, I thought I'd download it onto the second PC, but the link in my purchase email is now expired. It's kind of urgent to get some AV on here, lol. Would someone be able to help me? I'm stuck. Thank you!

I had something similar with security center and scanner service when I first installed, plus an error. I think it was something about a security certificate. If you still have Spybot installed on there, try rebooting the computer, and see if the services are running. Mine didn't start until I rebooted.

Also, if Live Protection is still off after you reboot, are you getting any error messages about it or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I had something similar with security center and scanner service when I first installed, plus an error. I think it was something about a security certificate. If you still have Spybot installed on there, try rebooting the computer, and see if the services are running. Mine didn't start until I rebooted.

Also, if Live Protection is still off after you reboot, are you getting any error messages about it or anything?
    Thank you very much for your reply! Uninstalled and reinstalled [with a file I had downloaded on another PC where it installed fine. Put it on an external HD and...] rebooted. The only error message[s?] I remember seeing were during the installation. Microsoft error - something about not being able to validate the install file *because it came from another computer* [I think - sorry, the install continued, so I thought it was going well and didn't write it all down]. Which led me to here to find out how to re-download the install file from the actual PC I'm trying to install it on. But, while I saw that question asked as to where to re-download such a file, I didn't find an answer as to where.

The relevant services, all three, not only won't load, their buttons in Advanced Settings are completely greyed out except for the exclamation points. Not ever seen this problem with the software before. But, no error messages at all after install. It shows in System Tray, the Start Center opens fine. Just, um, no protection, LOL. Don't know what to do as the only file I have came with the purchase email and is now of course timed out, so can't re-download. Now, using that computer is pretty suspenseful!

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

In that case, it would be best if you contacted Spybot support, as I believe they could help you with re-downloading, etc.:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

You're welcome.

In that case, it would be best if you contacted Spybot support, as I believe they could help you with re-downloading, etc.:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Thanks, again, Zenobia. I did write to them when I posted here [on June 2 to them] and copied and pasted what you responded to into that email to TeamSpybot. Sadly, I have not heard a word from Support and still have a 2-PC license I cannot use. :(

I'm not sure what to do when not hearing back from support, so I'll ask for tashi's help.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2020-06-14 at 17:17.

I'm not sure what to do when not hearing back from support, so I'll ask for tashi's help.
    Thank you! Maybe they just missed it so I'll contact them again and keep fingers crossed!

You're welcome, I contacted tashi and she sent them a message.