Thread: spybot immunization running for 2 days

Default spybot immunization running for 2 days

I just updated to Spybot 2.7.64.0. I ran the immunization and it has been running for 2 days. Everything is done except firewall (IP's). There are 36 total with none protected. I tried to cancel so I could restart it but I got a message saying that it can cancel because it could leave my browser in a undermined state.

You should be able to hit Stop in immunization and then you get an immunization incomplete message, with the choice to click ok or help. If it won't let you stop it, then you could open task manager, rightclick and end task on Pro-active browser protection.

Once it's stopped, please see this page:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-immunization/

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You should be able to hit Stop in immunization and then you get an immunization incomplete message, with the choice to click ok or help. If it won't let you stop it, then you could open task manager, rightclick and end task on Pro-active browser protection.

Once it's stopped, please see this page:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-immunization/

Thanks Zenobia,

The stop button was greyed out so I went ahead and killed it. I am now running as administrator. The check system is running but again as soon as it gets to Firewall (IP's) it seems to take a long time. It has sat at the same point now for always 20 minutes. Shall I just cancel it and run a scan.

You're welcome.

Yes, twenty minutes is quite a while for immunization, so you can cancel it if you wish, and run a scan if you'd like to. When you open immunization you usually get a prompt to run as administrator, and it does need elevated rights to immunize some things. I'm not sure why you weren't prompted the first time you ran it.

Just to try to think of some things, I'll ask a couple questions. Are you on an administrator account? What operating system do you have?