Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live protection will not install

Default Live protection will not install

I had a working complete licensed version of Spybot with A/V on my laptop. It died (got a virus, imagine that) and I got a new laptop. I have installed the new licensed product on the new laptop, but Live protection will not install. Tried all the FAQ. tried to make a bootable cd to try to rename the .sys files, but it won't even make a bootable CD. I’ve tried to make a bootable CD but get this after creation to the C:\SpybotBootCD Folder.
    ERROR: Image is 109643776 bytes too large (681984000) (use -m to override or try -o to optimize storage) we were unable to create an iso file. I have opened a ticket with support since May, but have heard nothing. I reported the issues I have had with trying to fix this but no response. Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Same Issue

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK14 View Post
    I had a working complete licensed version of Spybot with A/V on my laptop. It died (got a virus, imagine that) and I got a new laptop. I have installed the new licensed product on the new laptop, but Live protection will not install. Tried all the FAQ. tried to make a bootable cd to try to rename the .sys files, but it won't even make a bootable CD. I’ve tried to make a bootable CD but get this after creation to the C:\SpybotBootCD Folder.
    ERROR: Image is 109643776 bytes too large (681984000) (use -m to override or try -o to optimize storage) we were unable to create an iso file. I have opened a ticket with support since May, but have heard nothing. I reported the issues I have had with trying to fix this but no response. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I have been having the same issue, I have tried all of the steps suggested by the Spybot site including updating to the newest version, unistalling & reinstalling, etc with no success. I emailed CS and received a generic reply which said to do everything I had already done (and noted in my initial CS email for help) and since then they have not replied to my numerous replies for more help. I just sent another new email to CS from the website to hopefully get an answer but this is extremely frustrating. I purchased the Spybot home edition and to have this feature not working makes me not want to use this company anymore. If anyone can help PLEASE it would be much appreciated!

Default Is it time for Class Action?

I have paid for a product. Through your action or inaction, it does not work the way you agreed it would when I compensated you for it. You have not resolved the problem or attempted to compensate me for the loss. COVID is not an excuse, you work in the computer industry, lesser trades have made do online. Is there some other issue or agenda that is keeping you from providing your paid customers what you HAVE ALREADY BEEN COMPENSATED FOR and have left them VULNERABLE TO EVEN GREATER LOSS such as identity theft, loss of employment, loss of data and electronic wealth? Fix this or refund immediately.

Default Finally a response

Thank you for responding with what appears to be the solution. Non-communication in these days and times is very frustrating for customers.

Hello SteveK14,

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK14 View Post
    Thank you for responding with what appears to be the solution. Non-communication in these days and times is very frustrating for customers.
    Apologies, were you given the solution posted previously?

https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?77429-Live-Protection-driver-fail&p=485026&viewfull=1#post485026

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default no updates no live protection

I have used spy bot for years just downloaded new one year subscription It. will not down load updates and no live protection . I have down loaded your patch app and still wont download . I changed port to 127.0.0.1 and the other number and it still wont work. I should of used free service. How is this possible that new download wont work.

Hello tajackson,

I was given an alternative:

Please download the debug tool then download the new Live Protection files.

You can download the Live Protection debugging tool using the link below:
    https://download.spybot.info/Spybot2...LPTests.v2.exe

Once the tool has downloaded, please run the tool.

You will see a small window saying that this tool will only run from the Spybot folder and will ask if you would like to move it there and restart the tool. Click Yes when you see this prompt.

If you see a security warning, click “Run” to allow the file to run.

The tool should run automatically and you should already see an output on the left hand side of the window.

Click the “download alternative files #1” button to download the Live Protection files.

After downloading the files, click on “Run Test (Service method)” and “Run test (direct method)” then copy the output then paste into your next reply.

This information will help us to determine if the new files have resolved the issue.

We appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Default live patch did not work

I down loaded the patch and double clicked to run and a warning appeared microsoft stopped this from running on your computer and the only button available to hit was a do not run button so It did not work lol. Now what

Hello tajackson,

I have informed support, thank you for your feedback.

Hello tajackson,

Quote Originally Posted by tajackson View Post
    I down loaded the patch and double clicked to run and a warning appeared microsoft stopped this from running on your computer and the only button available to hit was a do not run button so It did not work lol. Now what
    As support hasn't had any other reports of Windows stopping the app from running could you provide a screenshot of the warning please.

Best regards.