Thread: Spy Bot and Win 7

Default Spy Bot and Win 7

Ever since Monday this week everything was Fine then Tuesday comes and well oddly several programs decided to stop working one of them being Spy bot as it refuses to update at all, when trying to update and yes set to admin rights it loads but does absolutely nothing so Removed and reinstalled and now won't get updates at all for any of the program nothing it shows nothing like it hasn't connected and yet am here typing this so yes am connected. Why won't it Update and why can't I turn off temporarily Live Protection so can play say Lost Arc or Destiny 2 both have Game Cheats and steam seems to be going that way too but Live protection breaks those Anti cheat programs so they don't load, as for installing 10 that os Broke my Drive 2 times now 1st release killed my drive in this and my laptop. On one backup has a 10 Drive and it won't load just ties to repair it self and seems not able to, so this is why don't want 10 or even 11, they wantGPT Drives but only Linux can do that, MBR NTFS HPFS and Dynamic all Small drive Tables GPT a Greater Partition table and no one really has that on their main boot drive. now as for Spy bot am wondering agian why won't it update?

For the updates, see your other thread

Which Anti-Cheat programs are those?
    We had a report about some incompatibility and tried to get into contact with the developers of that Anti-Cheat tool, but never got an answer. We could simplify allowlist the anti-cheat tool in question with a bit of reply from them.

There are various levels where you can disable Live Protection - from the tray icon, but that probably would not be sufficient for the Anti-Cheat, or within settings.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Anti Cheat

Amazon has one in Lost Ark and Bungie has one in Destiny 2 Battleeye and they both crash with live protection on and in Win 7 if it actually would install can't turn it off for temporary so can run those games and today installed after running Advanced Uninstaller and cleaning the registry too it installs but seems to not think there is an internet (odd since am typing here) and will NOT update any of the signatures at all nothing this is the 2nd pic i have taken to show thisSpy Bot new install.JPG

Default didn't see a Home Edition till after

Really surprised there is a Home edition should probably have gotten that no the pro version

Exclamation Win 7 64 Home Premuium

Been fighting with this software for days now 1st install went right updated the signatures ran fine then, finding can not turn off live protection even for a moment decided to remove it and then reinstall again to see if that fixes it. so far The Live Protection Fails to install has a Crasher Event sound when things don't work and yes it made that sound like it crashed. Now today my system did something never did before and was waiting for it to happen but it did not, it said to reboot to complete install yet did not install had to reinstall it. Seemed like maybe but yet NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It did not do that install refresh no what, there is internet this acts like there isnt.JPG and this is Disturbing as it Refuses to Update like the 1st day I installed it. Really is Sad programmers have lost their minds this is how things go when they do. The older version never did this until the new version came out. Now it acts as though there is no FTP or even a Mirror to get the Files from this is ridiculous. and hope someone actually thinks after reading this. I used Advanced Uninstaller to get this far only to find its not me or the system its the Programmers and how they make things and who ever is doing the Signatures Server seems to have Tripped on the wire and unplugged it and no one knows not even the one that did it Wake up and smell the coffee and don't forget a splash of Vanilla Extract

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...ht=#post487309
    Last edited by tashi; 2023-02-03 at 20:53. Reason: Merged several topics. Added link.

Thumbs up Win 7 Home Premium 64

1st Thank you Tashi for this merge been upset and well hope you know what that does to people. 2nd for days now since sending Pics and more to Safer am wondering how long will go with out protection. Maybe what I did to get Lost Arc to run expanding my Windows Swap file to 2X the Ram installed,made the Game Run fine, maybe this will help Spy bot,though hasn't tested it since doing it,ever since running 10, Swap Files not needed it seems win 7 did have some memory problems and this was the Work Around. I only hope am right but then probably not Please Plug the server back in. As for how things are currently Live Protection is not even installed get a You idiot Error as it Tries to install every reboot and does not, Internet is not Protected and Updates are available it says but Does not update, so this Swap File am hoping that fixes it, kinda stupid if it does

Angry Another Install With Admin rights on Install

Hello again wait thats a cars song lol. Any way today Tried one thing didn't do and to no avail see here as you can see update button greyed out and noupdates are installing.JPG The updates Say updates but won't update even though the Updater see's there are updates. why is that? Do I have to Install Windows 10 Just to get this to actually work? Really is Disturbing too, for a program to demand you update your os to one that says its free but has Thousands of Advertisements and When 11 hits you can't even change to your liking really a World where All is the same and nothing is different more like a clown and all the clowns are the same not one difference like this?? No its not what God planned nor what God Wants Every one everything is Different it is individuality and You can tell someone is not like you or any one else An OS (Operating System) was made that way too. But now they want everything to look alike with no differences, that does not work for me and many others, it distinguishes you as a person or an OS. Windows 7 Is was and will always be like XP a Better Gaming Experience over all Faster and more efficient. Like people We all Different and Have a Better Experience The Differences are what make us who we are and So with that All have done to make this program work has Failed and still now even the system Tray has no Spy bot on it. So far have tried all I know with one exception install win 10 of which I will not do with all that has seen what it does. Just not going to happen