Thread: Bug: SpyBot Pro: Live Protection: causes certain programs to crash when enabled

Default Bug: SpyBot Pro: Live Protection: causes certain programs to crash when enabled

Including and not limited to an update function of Spybot, the live Protection function if enabled causes certain programs to crash.

WSCAntivirusUpdateStatus: WSC_SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON
    Spybot 2.8.67.0 StartCenter 2.8.67.138
    Windows10 Pro 1909, i5-CPU, 32GB-RAM, 7TB-HDD

I say confirmed because while I could not find a reason for the crashes outside of spybot, I was able to observe that they DO NOT CRASH, if the Live Protection is disabled.
    I suspect all of these have a common network behavior that is being blocked and they crash when they are unable to complete the task given. However in the case of the compiler crashes, I have no idea what the cause may be, only that SpyBot Live Protection is implicated since the crash does not happen with the service disabled.

Programs that crash without the user knowing it ever happened:

Canvas 15:

• Faulting application path: F:\ACD Systems\Canvas 15\CVShellSrv.exe
    • Faulting module path: F:\ACD Systems\Canvas 15\Cvfc.dll

Canvas X 2017:
    • Faulting application path: F:\ACD Systems\Canvas 17\CVShellSrv.exe
    • Faulting module path: F:\ACD Systems\Canvas 17\Cvfc.dll

Spybot Update:
    • Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdate.exe
    • Faulting module path: hhctrl.ocx

Programs that crash while being used:

Arduino 1.8.13:
    Crashes when attempting to compile code in IDE
    • Faulting application path: F:\Arduino\java\bin\javaw.exe
    • Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHook32.dll

Important Note:
    While Arduino crashes and Javaw.exe is included in the crash, Java in general does not seem effected. Minecraft Java seems to work just fine.

Also a support ticket was filled several days ago before I learned that the Live Protection made a difference. I only knew that SpyBot had an issue, and that there were other issues that seemed like they might be related. I have generated this report after having learned they are all related.

Default Followup to Report

Also: Noticed that everything described in the first report is also demonstrated 1 time during system restart. But does not repeat as long as Live Protection is disabled.

Also: observed the following Error under Administrative Events

Spybot Auto Update:

• The description for Event ID 0 from source Spybot Auto Update cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    • The following information was included with the event:
      RunSpybotLab.CreateProcessAsMainSessionUser failed