Thread: Error running update signature routine for first time

Default Error running update signature routine for first time

Just installed latest full version of SpyBot Search & Destroy + AV (ver 2.8.67.0), along with SpyBot Anti-Beacon. Applied license routine. Running SpyBot for first time, an update of file signatures is required. Twice I have attempted to do this, but each time the software goes into a seemingly endless search routine that never finishes! After letting it run for about 12 hours in the background I had to finally cancel this routine. Because I couldn't complete the file signatures update, the software will not let me do any other operations it is designed for (such as a system scan or a rootkit scan). What can I do to correct this issue?

Hello.
    There's a link to download antispyware updates on the Spybot page, but it isn't possible to manually download antivirus updates that way. Therefore, it would be best if you contacted Spybot support on their contact page, to get help with that. Please see here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Default Same here

Took a snippet of a pic it shows 0 downloads like its not connected and have tried several times but just sits there then when asks to install the Live Protection says look in system tray and not there, says here Off and cant even turn onSpy bot Updater Not Updating.JPG see here?

Looks a bit like the background service is not reacting. Dos this still happen after a reboot?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hello Tika,

what Windows version are you running? Is there any update log available?

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\updates.log
    Kind regards,
    roberto.
    Please help us improving Spybot and download our distributed testing client.