Thread: Server Execution Failed

Default Server Execution Failed

After doing a successful first scan after re-installing Windows 7 Professional, I ran the whitelist tool to expedite future scans. It took about 10 hours as I had over 1.03 million files to white list. When it completed I tried to open one of my external drives and received the error: F:\ Server execution failed

I can run my programs, but I cannot open any drive or folder. Not even my profile, Control Panel or Computer. I found what seemed to be a fix, but it failed. ChkDsk and SFC found no errors.

The fix I tried was this command entered in the Command Prompt as Administrator: net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Services" /add
    It returned System Error 1376: specified local group does not exist

I am using Spybot version 2.7.65.0 Home Edition.

Well, I am not sure, but I think I fixed the problem, but I don’t really know why. I got up this morning and clicked on a link to a drive, then a folder. I still couldn’t get either to open and they still gave the same error after a minute or two of waiting.

So I tried thinking of a way to access the files I wanted by using a program. That is when it occurred to me that somehow Explorer wasn’t working the way it should. So I used FileLocator Pro to check if explorer.exe was missing for some reason. Although SFC should have found that problem.

Well, explorer.exe was there. So, I clicked on it and it worked. Just like that I had access. I clicked on a link to a drive and the drive opened right away.

For some reason, Explorer had to be accessed directly in order to start working properly again(?).

I tried marking this thread as “Solved” in the title, but there doesn’t seem to be any way of doing that here.