Thread: Spybot 2.8 videogames and anticheat-programs

Default Spybot 2.8 videogames and anticheat-programs

Hello people, i hope you can help me

since 2 weeks i have a problem with Spybot 2.8.67.0
    today i figured out that spybot blocks the anti-cheatprogram "easy anti cheat" for the game "insurgeny: sandstorm".
    I can play one map, after that i am stuck in the loading screen showing "loading 100%" only hearing footsteps and weaponsounds.
    after ca. 60 seconds game kicks me with the message "anti-cheat authentification timed out 1/2".

i updated my graphics driver, verfied game installion via steam, reinstalled/repaired easy-anticheat multiple times, started both game and anticheat with admin rights - nothing helps!
    i can't disable spybot, after a while the spaybot scanner service comes back and blocks eac.

Is there a way to make spybot whitelist or ignore .exe-programs or entire folders?

system: win 10, i5-2500K, gtx 970, 8GB ram, Spybot 2.8.67.0 Home Edition

Are you being prompted by Live Protection in any way? Are you getting a window that asks if you want to Cancel, Quarantine, Block, or Allow?

I'm having the same issue. I have the paid version of Spybot with live protection. Mine is happening with Easy Anti Cheat in the game called Paladins. Basically it says "Paladins Unexpected Error 0xC0020015". Couldn't get it to work even after repairing Easy Anti Cheat. So I disabled live protection on Spybot and the game loaded up just fine. When I turn live protection back on, game does not launch. There is no box or pop up giving permission to launch Paladins or East Anti Cheat.

After looking around in the settings for Spybot, I can't find an option to add any files as an exception. So basically I have to play this game with no protections active which I do not like.

If you aren't being prompted to block, allow, quarantine, etc., then your best bet would be to ask Team Spybot for help with this, and see what they recommend. If you would, please use the contact form to ask them about live protection and Easy Anti-Cheat here:

https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform