Thread: outstanding 4 items after immmunization

Default outstanding 4 items after immmunization

Hi all,

For about a month now ive had 4 items not immunized after running the immunization.
    Ive looked into it and found that the problem might be with my firewall zonealarm but after disabling it and trying the process again i got the same result.

I have avast antivirus, spyware blaster malwarebytes and obviously spybot installed but nothing else.

Can anyone suggest anything to help me get these 4 items protected

Kind regards Mark

When you open the immunization page, down in the lower right corner it says "Show Details". Could you click that, then scroll through the list and find where it says there are 4 unprotected, then post on here in what category the 4 unprotected are in?

A few years back, some people were having 4 items that would not immunize. Could you read through and see if you think it might be what's happening with you, also?
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...y-Immunization

Default 2024. I also have the 4 items not immunized. Have seen similar dating back to 2017.

March 2024. I have just installed/ reinstalled Spybot. I also have what seems to be the expected 4 items not immunized. A search has shown similar complaints dating back to 2017. I have Avast, Malwarebytes & Superantispyware installed.

**I had Spybot before & dropped it but don't remember why. I ran across it again & liked the idea of immunization, thinking it would speed up my scans, so I reinstalled Spybot. I will reevaluate but I can already see that it is slow. I can run Avast, Malwarebytes & Superantispyware scans a couple of times over in the same amount of time Spybot runs 1 scan--perhaps because it is more through? I installed Spybot, ran a scan, deleted found items, restarted the computer, immunized & without searching for anything else on the internet ran another scan. The 2nd scan actually took about 30 seconds longer so seemingly no big speed improvement with immunization. As I said I will reevaluate for awhile.

This link has some general info as to why some items might not be immunized:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-immunization/

The link posted in my post above seemed to point to the 4 items in Spybot immunization being removed due to security overlap with Avast. Spybot immunized 4 sites that had Avast mentioned in the link, I'm not sure why but sometimes websites will imitate security programs and actually be another program, (but I can only guess if that is the case here), the Avast program likely may have removed those in an effort to protect itself from malware inserting links in the hosts file to prevent infected users from being able to go to the Avast website. But this is all speculation and guesses, and it's been a few years so if it was that, I have no idea if that applies today. (The spybot users did some nice looking into it when I read through that link again, I must say.)
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...y-Immunization

I did a few searches to try to find posts about speeding up the Spybot scan.(I guess a few too many searches because Google made me checkmark that I wasn't a robot.) I couldn't find too much info that wasn't from many years ago and related to a former version.
    You could try disabling scanning for usage tracks, that might speed up the Spybot system scan a little bit. If you want to try that, then rightclick Spybot Start Center and select Run As Administrator. If it opens in Overview mode, click Show Details in the lower right corner. Place a checkmark in Advanced User Mode, click Settings, go to the categories tab, somewhere in the window rightclick and select Spyware scan only. That might help, it's worth a try