Thread: Initial installation & whitelisting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Initial installation & whitelisting

Is it possible to install Spybot version 2.8 without an internet connection? When I try running the latest v2.8.68.0 installer (copied over via USB drive), I can't get past a status warning that there is "no active internet connection". It appears to be looking for the file "setup-signatures.exe". Note that I have been able to install the earlier version 2.6 without any issues with no connection. This is on a new Windows 10 Pro system, and I would like to build a proper whitelist before allowing internet access.

As an alternative, is there a way to export a whitelist created with v2.6 and then import it back into v2.8 after installing the later using an active connection to the internet? As a follow-up to this, what is the correct procedure down the road for installing later versions of Spybot without losing my existing whitelist?

You could ask Team Spybot about that on the contact form.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You could ask Team Spybot about that on the contact form.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. I contacted them several days ago about this, but have not yet received a reply.

You're welcome.

I'm not certain how long it generally takes for a reply from them. One other possibility is that the reply sometimes might go into spam, so could you check your spam folder for a reply, then post back here, please? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You're welcome.

I'm not certain how long it generally takes for a reply from them. One other possibility is that the reply sometimes might go into spam, so could you check your spam folder for a reply, then post back here, please? Thanks.
    There was no reply in my spam filter. I received automated notifications with support ticket numbers (I split my questions above into two messages), but nothing since.

Okay, I'll contact the moderator (and resident very nice person), she'll know what to do.