Thread: IMMUNIZATION: STILL unprotected items after months of updates!!!

Default IMMUNIZATION: STILL unprotected items after months of updates!!!

Capture.JPG

What exactly is this ???

I have posted about this before and got nothing answers... I'm about ready to chuck spybot altogether at this point since it does THIS kind of crap AND doesn't protect other browsers on the system what actually get used like chrome. I have uninstalled reinstalled cleared registry settings all to no avail here... Is this maybe some ply to get folks to BUY the registered version?

On windows 7 and yes my account is a system administrator account and I have uninstalled and reinstalled "as administrator" as well.. NOTHING gets rid of this...

Hello thghgv,

Which version and edition of Spybot do you have installed?

Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020

"Technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC are no longer available for the product. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available."

Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10?

"Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users ended a few years ago, but you can still technically upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge. While Microsoft has removed the special upgrade offer sites, the company continues to activate Windows 10 licenses for people who upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/2...s-7-10-free-os

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello thghgv,

Which version and edition of Spybot do you have installed?

Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020

"Technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC are no longer available for the product. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available."

Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10?

"Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users ended a few years ago, but you can still technically upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge. While Microsoft has removed the special upgrade offer sites, the company continues to activate Windows 10 licenses for people who upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/2...s-7-10-free-os

Best regards.
    So let me get this straight - YOU'RE SAYING THAT BECAUSE I AM NOT RUNNING WIN10 THIS SPYWARE TOOL IS HOSED UP?

And NO, I have no intention of putting win10 on this box... win10 is full of spyware itself so no sale there...

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that Windows 7 is the cause of this issue... It's been doing this for 3 months despite
    uninstalls and reinstalls of spybot...

https://forums.spybot.info/attachmen...6&d=1608513760
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is one HELL of a support model you have for this spybot thing... The product screws up and you blame it on the fact that the OS oem doesn't provide "updates" ?

Time for me to look elsewhere for a spyware tool.

Default SPybot 2.8 triggering component of virus scan malfucntion

Has the spybot 2.8 malfunction of triggering virus scanner components on machine shut down been fixed yet???? The published "workarounds" did not work the last time I tried it over 2 some years ago...

Since SB 2.7 immunization fails to engage over 30+ of it's OWN protections it's either v2.8 that is FIXED or dropping of SB all together and going with something else.