Thread: Finding my license key in Spybot+AV

Default Finding my license key in Spybot+AV

I recently bought a license of Spybot Home, using my home email address for contact. At the time, no receipt came to my inbox, but I did manage to install the program and activate it using my license key. Great! But the problem is, I'm looking to switch things on my computer over from the HDD I have right now (with a secondary SDD) to another SDD that's currently sitting idle in my tower. And because I don't have that original email address getting anything from Avast, all I've got is the receipt for the purchase which does have the key on it but it looks to be cut off several characters before the end.

My question is: Within Spybot or elsewhere (using Win10) is there somewhere to find the key for the software I'm using so that I can jot it down before doing a clean Windows install and then trying to reactivate Spybot? Thanks for any advice folks can offer, meanwhile I'll keep looking.

(By the way, I'm not sure what it is with my home email. I registered for the forums here with it, but didn't get any confirmation email. I had to change over to my work email, which got it instantly. Weird)

Default Update

So I can have the invoice sent to my email again which obviously won't work. Right now I'm hoping that a request to Avast which includes the work email that actually gets through yields results.

I think there might be a bit of confusion. Spybot is unrelated to Avast.

There is a lost license page available
    https://www.safer-networking.org/lost-license/
    The self service portion probably would not work due to the possible home email issue of not getting through, but if you scroll down to the request a copy of your license part, there's a place for an alternate email, and also a place for additional information, so you could explain things there, perhaps.

If that does not work for any reason, there's also a contact form you could fill out instead:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform