Thread: Error Code 0x204

Post Error Code 0x204

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a virtual PC on my desktop but I keep getting the error code 0x204. Everything is active, the remote settings, correct IP addresses, and cleared through my firewall on Windows. I keep getting the code and I am wondering if there is something inside SpyBot that I need to change too?

I'm not sure. Do you have the free version of Spybot or one of the versions that has Live Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I'm not sure. Do you have the free version of Spybot or one of the versions that has Live Protection?
    I have one of the paid versions with live protection

Okay, thanks. When looking up Error Code 0x204 I did see the error can be caused by some antivirus suites with real-time protection, if the page I looked at is correct. I'm uncertain if Live Protection is one of those, though. You could ask Spybot Support about that, since I'm uncertain about it. There's a contact form here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

I had this error when I tried to connect remotely from Mac to Windows. The reason was that the remote computer had the remote desktop feature disabled. I found the solution here https: //www. helpwire.app/blog/error-code-0x204-on-mac/ there are other possible causes and a detailed description of how to fix them.