Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seems something is affecting browser surfing and mouse funtions.

it seems to be normal again except for being on facebook earlier and i was watching clips when all of a sudden it snapped and flashed white on my monitor then just kinda died or froze up. my mouse wouldn't click anything, i had to shut down all of edge. never seen it do like that and now most vids won't play on here and if they do they freeze up.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Man, this sounds like a hardware issue.
    Let me apologize first, this is something I could never get my head wrapped around.

Go to the below help web site
    https://www.sysnative.com/forums/forums/windows-10.148/

Register and create a new topic explaining video's go blank and freeze cause to me it sounds like a graphics card?....they would have a few tools up their sleeve maybe to check for this.
    Last edited by Juliet; 2022-03-31 at 15:52.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ok juliet thanks. i guess everything else is good to go, i'm not seeing what i was before so i'll go see about that. i guess you can close this. thanks again!

Your welcome

Use this tool to remove quarantined items:

Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.
    • Click on KpRm.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    • Put a check mark next to these items:

- Delete tools
      - Delete now
    • Click the "Run" button.
    • When the tool has finished, it will create and open a log report and delete itself.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

juliet is this thread still open? looks like i left too early! tonight i came back on and it was back like it was. now, again videos don't play they just buffer. when i click a link it buffers until it prompts me to wait ot let it run...then it asks me again. sometimes a 3rd time before it opens the page. i also had a game on my pc WGT (world golf tour). i've had it forever and no problems at all. it wouldn't open so i uninstalled it and then d'loaded it and still it won't open. i open it but the window never comes up, i close it and open it again and it says it's already running. also yahoo will not open. i google it and the results come up and i click on it and it just says can't connect with this site. i did like you said at that site, i guess it's about hardware? because they speak stuff and i'm like ok...huh? it gets deep for me quick there. one guy suggested i run command prompt and run sfc and i did then videos plaed ok but then it started over again. what do i need to do, if you can advise me please.

run command prompt and run sf
    Good deal because this can't hurt your computer.

Thing about Yahoo
    I checked to see if you had a browser extension that could stop it, not really, all I can see is you had adblocker, you can experiment and disable it to see if it will allow you in but........
    JavaScript is enabled?
    Your computer antivirus is stopping it?
    Experiment in safemode with networking and see if your allowed In?

Reboot your router?

ok i rebooted but still the same, can you tell me the secret door to safe mode? at the other site they're talking about changing my dns servers and stuff i know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by rcb56 View Post
    ok i rebooted but still the same, can you tell me the secret door to safe mode? at the other site they're talking about changing my dns servers and stuff i know nothing about.
    Below is a Microsoft article with instructions
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...4-b3e5e56fe234

changing your dns servers is a safe thing to do.

We really don't need to keep 2 threads open.
    At this time you should continue with the topic at the other forum.
    https://www.sysnative.com/forums/thr...at-kind.35728/