Thread: File Scan: Spybot Out Of Resources

Default File Scan: Spybot Out Of Resources

I don't know why the file scanner is so much slower than the system scanner. But anyway, it struggled twice in a row, refusing to scan because the "system is out of resources".
    Out Of System Resources.png

I immediately opened the performance monitor to have look. Um, no I'm not out of anything:
    No Im Not.png

Can't find the reason it would say that. What is happening here?

I'm not exactly sure what is happening there with the out of system resources, and cannot find anything on the error, so this may not be the solution. But the "scanner queue can get quite large" warning in the background usually comes up when there are a lot files selected to be scanned, though I cannot see how many in your screenshot. You could try experimenting by selecting fewer files to be scanned at one time, and see if you don't get the error then.

Default Back to the future

File scan.
    Can the program be changed in the way it operates and uses resources. A FIFO model may be better where the file list is registered to be scanned in a list, but not loaded into processing cue until it is ready to be scanned.
    At present if one has a large directory the list takes hours to show in the window before processing. one does not know whether the program has indigestion or just choked to a stop.
    Case.
    Emails are stored in a file per email in sub-directories, may be 8 or 9 hundred per sub-directory even after a couple of hours there are no files shown in window. smaller directories of less than 100 are ok.
    Possible Solutions/Suggestions
    Change processing methodology.
    Clearer failure mode.

There was a suggestions thread started in the beta forum. It hasn't been posted to for a while, but this would be a good suggestion for it, in my opinion, if you'd like to post this in there as well.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...estions/page26