Thread: Spybot wont let me select things.

Default Spybot wont let me select things.

I had some suspicious things and ran the spybot program. It doesnt seem like it found a lot of bad stuff but I cant right click on it to select all threats to clean them or fix them. I wont let me select anything. Is that normal?

spybotScreenshot 2022-04-25 161613.png

It did run for a while before it came to this screen with the full scan.

From the looks of your screenshot, it appears that the larger green checkmarks indicate that the items were already fixed, which would probably be why you can't select all. I see fix selected is also greyed out over to the side. Did you hit fix selected beforehand?

Okay, I ran a quick Spybot scan to double check, and if all the items are fixed, which is indicated by the larger green checkmarks, then you cannot select any of the items to be fixed again. That behavior is probably by design. Had you selected and fixed the items beforehand, or did the large green check marks just show up at the end of the scan with no interaction from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Okay, I ran a quick Spybot scan to double check, and if all the items are fixed, which is indicated by the larger green checkmarks, then you cannot select any of the items to be fixed again. That behavior is probably by design. Had you selected and fixed the items beforehand, or did the large green check marks just show up at the end of the scan with no interaction from you?
    Hey,
    It was already fixed when i saw it. I figured that I should be able to select them and at least delete the cookie or something. Ive left this screen open but my mic isnt working so i want to restart the computer. This doesnt seem right..though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by randomdude1
    This doesnt seem right..though I could be wrong.
    Yes, it's unusual for the items found to be already fixed when it gets to the end of the scan.
    It should be okay to close Spybot and restart the computer.

I don't recall this ever happening before, and I'm a bit perplexed.
    Okay, I have a couple questions, if you don't mind. Would you happen to have one of the paid versions of Spybot, or the free version? Do you have anything set up for a scheduled scan?
    Are you new to Spybot, or have you had it for a while?
    Were you prompted before this scan was done to restart to fix anything?
    There is an autofix command line parameter, you don't have that set up in any way?

When you have the time, would you mind running another scan to see if the items are automatically fixed again? And then post back and let me know, please.

Oh, and since you had some suspicious things, is your computer running okay now?