Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 And Spybot S&D

Default Windows 7 And Spybot S&D

Your developer has not acknowledged my email of about a week ago and Micosoft's forum moderators have not acknowledged my post of about two weeks ago. So, I am giving you friends and neighbors a try. Around November of last year I installed this product to replace SpywareBlaster, which quit updating to where it provided full protection and did not appear to have attentive support. After using S&D periodically, my Windows 7 64-Bit system, which unfortunately I have to keep running, experienced at least three BS'sOD. My security programs did not pick up anything unusual; but I suspect that S&D did registry damage. Without responses to the Microsoft posting or from your company, I do not know what to do next. Since I have made regular Registry Backups, my first inclination was to export one of them. Thank you in advance.

When you say you emailed, did you use the contact form?
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform
    That's a form to ask for technical support from Team Spybot, and might be the best avenue to get help, if you have not used it yet. Sometimes it takes a little while to get a response, as I believe they help a large number of people. Also, make sure you check your spam folder to make sure an answer did not go there.

Zenobia, thanks for getting back. I used an email address that displayed somewhere on the webpage. Incidentally, I am using my Mac Catalina to post this and the browser Firefox. Technicians are not keeping up in general. These pages in Firefox do not look right, but unrealistically bare. When I clicked on the login button, I could not see the place to enter ID and password. It is all so white. Something is not downloading. Before I found the fields for logging in, I had already wasted 3 of my 5 permitted login attempts.

You're welcome. Sorry to hear you're having login trouble.

Since you haven't heard back from the email, you'd probably be best off using the contact form I linked to, I believe you are automatically issued a ticket number, and then Spybot support message you sometime after that. That's probably the safest route to go, and most direct route to technical support.

Zenobia, I will do that. This is really a big deal because I went through an unplanned forced relocation. Whatever discs I had to restore the OS were probably disposed of. It is Windows 7 Home Premium.

Sorry to hear about the unplanned forced relocation and loss of your Windows 7 discs.
    I'm glad you're using the contact form. I wish you the best of luck with everything. I'll put up the contact form link again for you, just for convenience.

https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Zenobia, thank you; but I just submitted my request on the contact forum. I do not understand why GMAIL sent the last two email notifications from here into my Spam folder. My email notification from the contact forum just arrived.

Gmail might use some criteria to determine if an email is spam, and the email notifications from the Spybot forum might match them in some unknown way. I find that happens in my own gmail sometimes with emails I don't want in spam. I usually just go in and mark it as "Not Spam." There are a few other things listed to try as well in this article:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/290046/how...arked-as-spam/

Glad you got the email notification from the contact form. I hope everything goes well, good luck.

Zenobia, at least for some good news, my computer manufacturer, MSI, is sending me a recovery disc for the Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium Edition. It will be worth $35 to be able to restore the OS if it becomes necessary. Meanwhile, I will wait for Safer Networking to respond to the webmail I just sent.

Happy to hear the good news.