Since the most recent Windows 10 updates, I noticed that Spybot was turned on as Anti-Virus and Windows Defender was turned off.
Initially, I was confused because I have the Free Edition which does not have Anti-Virus protection. Then, I found a FAQ post that indicated that Windows Defender will stop running when Spybot is installed because Spybot contains Anti-Virus components from the paid edition.

I followed the instructions (to the letter) to disable Spybot's Security Center Service but could not disable/stop Systems Services. After rebooting, Sypbot re-enabled itself and the problem returned.

I uninstalled Spybot from Windows/Settings/Apps but discovered that it had not uninstalled and that Spybot was trying to "upgrade" after rebooting. Had to manually delete all Spybot files from several directories.

I have this same Anti-Virus conflict on my other Windows 10 devices and will have to manually remove Spybot there.

I liked having the additional protection that Spybot offered but not to the extent that it would disable Windows Defender.
Can someone address this problem??