Thread: How can exclude some programs from Live Protection?

Default How can exclude some programs from Live Protection?

Hi,

I'm having troubles with games that use "Easy Anti-Cheat" when Live Protection is enabled.

Is there a way to exclude programs for Live Protection without disabling it?

Regards.-

Did you get a notification from Live Protection when Easy Anti-Cheat was blocked? Could you rightclick Spybot start center and select Run as Administrator. In the lower right corner of Spybot, please click Show Details. Checkmark Advanced User Mode, then click Settings, then the Live Protection tab. Then click the Decisions tab. Is there anything listed in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Did you get a notification from Live Protection when Easy Anti-Cheat was blocked? Could you rightclick Spybot start center and select Run as Administrator. In the lower right corner of Spybot, please click Show Details. Checkmark Advanced User Mode, then click Settings, then the Live Protection tab. Then click the Decisions tab. Is there anything listed in there?
    Hi Zenobia,

Unfortunately doesn't show any process blocked in the "Decisions" tab :'(

Regards.-

Okay, thank you.
    If you would have gotten a prompt from live protection it usually blocks a process that is considered to be harmful, then asks what you want to do with the application/process in the future, and you'd be able to choose to Allow, Block or Quarantine.
    I don't believe there is any way to exclude Anti-Cheat without the Live Protection prompt. You can exclude a product from being scanned for in a Spybot scan, but as far as I'm aware, that wouldn't have an effect on Live Protection. However, since I'm not 100% certain on that, your best bet would be to contact Team Spybot and ask about that so you can know for certain. There's a contact page available here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

I did find a post involving easy anti-cheat where a person unchecked Scan Programs Before They Start:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-STAR...015/m-p/954029
    That would be available in the Mode tab next to Decisions, there's a check box which can be unchecked and you'd select Apply and OK. That may not be the safest option, and I myself probably wouldn't uncheck that permanently. If you felt okay doing so, you might try unchecking it just while playing games that use Easy Anti-Cheat, but that would be only if you feel safe doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I did find a post involving easy anti-cheat where a person unchecked Scan Programs Before They Start:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-STAR...015/m-p/954029
    That would be available in the Mode tab next to Decisions, there's a check box which can be unchecked and you'd select Apply and OK. That may not be the safest option, and I myself probably wouldn't uncheck that permanently. If you felt okay doing so, you might try unchecking it just while playing games that use Easy Anti-Cheat, but that would be only if you feel safe doing so.
    Hi Zenobia,

Thanks for your time. I'm going to contact with support and see what they say.

Thanks.

Hi. I'm glad to hear that. You're welcome.