Thread: Update question

Default Update question

Please help an old guy out here, I downloaded and installed version 2.9.82.0 in April 2022. When I run update I get "The antispyware signatures are up to date." In older versions of Spybot I manually updated quite frequently and it would always download updates. However, this version gives me the same message since installing. Do updates run automatically now when you boot your computer?

Also, before scanning, older versions asked if I wanted to disable some cookies, this version does not. is this an automatic function now?

I'm running Windows 10 and the free version of Spybot (just in case you need to know that). Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, summerskies.

I'm unsure if Spybot still offers to disable cookies in this version, so I'll refer you to Spybot Support.

No, the free version updates are not automated, that I know of. I'm not sure what is going on there. You can ask Team Spybot about that as well:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Hello, summerskies.

I'm unsure if Spybot still offers to disable cookies in this version, so I'll refer you to Spybot Support.

No, the free version updates are not automated, that I know of. I'm not sure what is going on there. You can ask Team Spybot about that as well:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Zenobia, Thanks for the help. I have filled out the contact form with my questions for the support team.

Cheers.

Good, I'm glad to hear that. You're welcome.