Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Disable Live protection on Spybot v. 2.9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    3

    Default Disable Live protection on Spybot v. 2.9

    I just installed v2.9, and I need to disable the Live Protection (it conflicts with my anti-virus). When I click on "protection status" in the Start Center, I'm taken to the Immunization section. When I bring up the Settings, the "Live Protection" tab does not appear. How do I disable the Live Protection?

  2. #2
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,883

    Default

    Hello Roger Blair,

    Have you tried this:


    • Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator.
    • In the Start Center, click on Show Details then click on Advanced User Mode.
    • Click on Settings then go to the Live Protection tab.
    • Untick the checkbox for Scan programs before they start.
    • Click Apply and OK, and restart Spybot for your changes to take effect.


    There is also a button for Show Live Protection advanced controls on this page. If you click this button you will see two options. You can choose either of these:

    1. Uninstall Live Protection (this may require you to reboot)
    2. Deactivate Live Protection

    Graphic:
    Settings & Tools
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq

    Regards,
    tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Roger Blair,

    Have you tried this:


    • Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator.
    • In the Start Center, click on Show Details then click on Advanced User Mode.
    • Click on Settings then go to the Live Protection tab.
    • Untick the checkbox for Scan programs before they start.
    • Click Apply and OK, and restart Spybot for your changes to take effect.


    There is also a button for Show Live Protection advanced controls on this page. If you click this button you will see two options. You can choose either of these:

    1. Uninstall Live Protection (this may require you to reboot)
    2. Deactivate Live Protection

    Graphic:
    Settings & Tools
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq

    Regards,
    tashi

    tashi, I'm using the free version, so I'm not seeing a "Live Protection" tab. Also, Spybot is interfering with my AV (Microsoft Defender). How do I prevent that? BTW, I've used Spybot for a long time, and this is the first time I haven't been able to keep it from interfering with MD. What (other than uninstalling Spybot) can I do to resolve the problem?

  4. #4
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,883

    Default

    Hello Roger Blair,

    The Spybot free version does not include an anti-virus or Live Protection so I am not sure where the issue you are experiencing lies.

    https://www.safer-networking.org/com...ybot-editions/

    Please see "Is it possible to run Spybot and Windows Defender?"
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq/

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Blair View Post
    tashi, I'm using the free version, so I'm not seeing a "Live Protection" tab. Also, Spybot is interfering with my AV (Microsoft Defender). How do I prevent that? BTW, I've used Spybot for a long time, and this is the first time I haven't been able to keep it from interfering with MD. What (other than uninstalling Spybot) can I do to resolve the problem?
    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Roger Blair,

    The Spybot free version does not include an anti-virus or Live Protection so I am not sure where the issue you are experiencing lies.

    https://www.safer-networking.org/com...ybot-editions/

    Please see "Is it possible to run Spybot and Windows Defender?"
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq/



    Best regards.
    tashi, someone directed me to the site's instructions for disabling the integration service. However, I cannot clear the checkbox by "Activate after every reboot". Every time I clear the box, it rests. How do I clear that box for good?

  6. #6
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,883

    Default

    Hello Roger Blair,

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Blair View Post
    tashi, someone directed me to the site's instructions for disabling the integration service. However, I cannot clear the checkbox by "Activate after every reboot". Every time I clear the box, it rests. How do I clear that box for good?
    Someone not in this thread? After following the instructions you rebooted and still face the same issue?

    Please open a support ticket here

    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Roger Blair,

    Have you tried this:


    • Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator.
    • In the Start Center, click on Show Details then click on Advanced User Mode.
    • Click on Settings then go to the Live Protection tab.
    • Untick the checkbox for Scan programs before they start.
    • Click Apply and OK, and restart Spybot for your changes to take effect.


    There is also a button for Show Live Protection advanced controls on this page. If you click this button you will see two options. You can choose either of these:

    1. Uninstall Live Protection (this may require you to reboot)
    2. Deactivate Live Protection

    Graphic:
    Settings & Tools
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq

    Regards,
    tashi
    When I click Settings nothing happens. At this point all I can do is uninstall SpyBot, unless there's another way to disable Live Protection.

  8. #8
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,883

    Default

    Hello phcorrigan,

    Please open a support ticket here and let us know how it goes.

    Best regards,

    tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •