Thread: Deskmate.Tahni

Question Deskmate.Tahni

Hi all..not sure if this is where this goes so I apologize if this is the wrong place. I have ran Spybot at least 5 different since yesterday and it keeps finding the trojan Deskmate.Tahni. When I try to fix the problem it tells me it can't fix the problem because some of the files are still in use or maybe in memory. I even tried running Spybot in safe mode and it said the same thing. It asks if I would like to run Spybot the next time I start windows and when I do that it does the same thing. How do I get rid of this trojan if Spybot won't delete it? Any help would be appreciated.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Since Spybot-S&D is detecting and failing to remove DeskMate.Tahni, I suggest you consider posting in the Malware Removal forum and having someone take a look at your system.

The instructions for running preliminary scans, producing logs and posting in that forum are outlined in the following reference:

After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the following forum (making sure to include the HijackThis and online scan logs produced from the instructions above):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Reply

Also submit the file to Spybot
    detections AT spybot.info

Replace AT with @
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-10-21 at 04:27. Reason: Edit email address
    UNITE
    Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

ASAP
    Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™

Default DeskMate.Tahni

Hi, In response to the question about spybot search and destroy not removing the DeskMate.Tahni. I had the same issue, then I upgraded to the spybot search and destroy 1.4 this seems to have worked great. Not sure if the user is still having this problem. I suggest trying the upgrade.