Thread: Installed New 85 version, get old 82

Default Installed New 85 version, get old 82

As said, after installing 85 version, the about says that I have the 82 version as does my software update program SUMO. Help?

I didn't realize the new Spybot was out. I'm downloading the 2.9.85.5 version now, and I'll let you know if I get the same thing.

Yes, when I downloaded and installed the new version, the About still shows the version as 2.9.82.0 and Start Center 2.9.82.139.
    I downloaded spybotsd-2.9.85.5.exe from Safer Networking(the Spybot site) so I'd presume this is just some sort of visual glitch in the About section.
    Okay, it's possible a member of Team Spybot might post here if they see this. If one of them does not see this and answer soonish(probably tonight or tomorrow), it would probably be best for you to contact them on the Contact page to ask if the version number on the About page is a visual glitch in the About section of Spybot or not.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Could you check the file properties of e.g. SDScan.exe or SDImmunize.exe?
    There were like twenty files or so updated.
    For all files without code changes since 2.9.82, we didn't update the files, so they'll care the old version number still. We should have updated the Start Center though!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

My SDScan.exe File Version is listed as 2.9.85.200 and Product Version is 2.9.85.2.
    The SDImmunize.exe File Version is 5.9.85.136 and Product Version is 2.9.85.
    SDWelcome.exe File Version is 2.9.82.139 and Product Version is 2.9.82.0, though.
    Hope that helps.