Thread: How to turn off spybot for a specific directory

Default How to turn off spybot for a specific directory

I have put in a request with support but that takes a day or two to get an answer. I have searched for a way to turn off spybot from interfering with anything dealing with a specific directory. Have now found anything .. hoping that someone here can help.

DSig

i take it from the lack of replies that this is not something that is possible. I have had to remove Spybot for the time being ... maybe will have to look for some other virus protection that supports directory whitelists ... :(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtsig View Post
    i take it from the lack of replies that this is not something that is possible. I have had to remove Spybot for the time being ... maybe will have to look for some other virus protection that supports directory whitelists ... :(
    I just got a reply from support and here is what they say:

You can configure the scan options of the System Scan to only scan certain drives or folders.

To do this :

- Open Spybot "Start Center" by right clicking on the icon and choosing "Run as

administrator".

- Click on the "System Scan" icon.

- Stop the current scan that begins when the scanner window opens.

- Click the drop down arrow to the right of the Start a Scan/Show Scan Results button.

- Click on "Scan with different options".

- Here you will see a list of drives on your PC.

- You can include or exclude certain drives from being scanned during a System Scan.

- Right click on the window, underneath the drives list, to give you more scan options.