Thread: Failed to Install Spybot 2 AntiVirus Signatures

Default Failed to Install Spybot 2 AntiVirus Signatures

Can't seem to complete this operation.
    What do I need to do to rectify this problem?

Bgegear1
    Attached Images Attached Images

I notice there's no administrator privileges listed at the top of your Spybot update window. I'm not sure if it's related to the antivirus update problem or not, though, but maybe more info might be helpful. What Windows operating system do you have? Does it have User Account Control?
    And is this a new install of Spybot, or have you had it for a while?

Smile Failed to install Spybot 2AntiViirus Signatures

I am having the same problem. I have windows 11. But I tried to manually change the host to127.0.0.1 and port to 21320
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Paul

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I notice there's no administrator privileges listed at the top of your Spybot update window. I'm not sure if it's related to the antivirus update problem or not, though, but maybe more info might be helpful. What Windows operating system do you have? Does it have User Account Control?
    And is this a new install of Spybot, or have you had it for a while?
    I have had mine for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bgebear1 View Post
    Can't seem to complete this operation.
    What do I need to do to rectify this problem?

Bgegear1
    After changing proxy and host now it won't update antivirus and the other one.

Striper, were you looking in the Spybot Settings at the Internet Protection tab, then decided to set the Spybot proxy manually in your browser? That would manually set up the Spybot proxy but would not help you to get the Spybot updates in any way. If that is what you did, you might like to set that back to the way it was before. Afterwards try updating Spybot again and please let me know if you are able to get the Spybot antispyware definitions, and also let me know if you are still have trouble updating the antivirus definitions. Thanks.

Default failed to install Spybot Antivirus signatures

I have three computers with Spybot S&D. All three experienced this. After about 3 or 4 days one of my computers fixed itself but the other two still have this problem. I tried playing with the proxy settings but put them back because it didn't help. I thought Spybot would come up with a solution by now, but nothing yet. It looks like it installs the updates but displays a red strip instead of a green one after the update. Like I said one of my three computers fixed itself but I'm still worried about my two other computers. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry you guys are having problems with the antivirus updates. I know it must be frustrating.
    I did look in my updates logfile and I noticed there was an update for bdcore recently. This is from my logfile:
    Installed "spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update-2023a.exe".
    There was a similar update needed a few years back when people were having problems updating their antivirus signatures. I can't help but wonder if the people posting here may have had trouble with the bdcore-update-2023a.exe updating/installing.
    However, that's just some wild speculation on my part and just is not safe to pursue without knowing for sure.

Okie-dokie, esquilo would you like to go to the contact page and ask for help from Team Spybot? That's the best option unless one of them replies on here instead. This is a link to the contact page:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform
    You could even include a link to this thread if you like, since there are a few people posting with problems updating Antivirus updates and there might be a common reason amongst you:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...tures&p=487507

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Striper, were you looking in the Spybot Settings at the Internet Protection tab, then decided to set the Spybot proxy manually in your browser? That would manually set up the Spybot proxy but would not help you to get the Spybot updates in any way. If that is what you did, you might like to set that back to the way it was before. Afterwards try updating Spybot again and please let me know if you are able to get the Spybot antispyware definitions, and also let me know if you are still have trouble updating the antivirus definitions. Thanks.
    I did what you said, And it will not update antivirus or antispyware updates. It was working fine and the next update would not work. So I did the changes your proxy page said and no luck.

Thanks, Striper

Okay, thanks for trying that.

It's probably best to ask for help from Spybot Support now. There's a contact page here that you can fill out:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform