Thread: System scan takes printer offline

Default System scan takes printer offline

Whenever I do a full system scan (and agree at the end to "fix" things), my printer goes offline. There is no alternative, then, to reset it by turning off the laptop, turning off the printer, turning the printer back on while holding its button for 5 seconds, hitting the button 7 times, waiting for it to finish a reset, and turning the laptop back on. How can I prevent this from happening in the first place. Thank you,

You could probably contact Team Spybot and let them know about the printer problem, maybe Spybot is mistakenly removing something to do with your printer or something similar.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Default Contact SpyBot

I can try, although I'm not seriously expecting much in the way of individual support. I suspect it's one of those things "fixed" in "fixed selections" at the end of the scan. None of them are obvious enough in what they do to allow me to solve the issue on my own.

You could try not fixing usage tracks and see if your printer stays online then. Rightclick Spybot start center, checkmark advanced user mode, click Settings, when Settings opens click the Categories tab, then somewhere within the Malware Detection window rightclick, select Spyware Scan Only, click Apply and then OK. Try doing a System Scan, and if your printer stays online after you fix selected, then you've narrowed it down to it being one of the usage tracks. Please let me know how it goes.