Thread: SDScan.exe Prevents scan completion

Question SDScan.exe Prevents scan completion

Good Morning Group:

Error message as follows:

SDScan.exe - No Disk

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive.
    \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

The error options: Cancel, Try Again, Continue

I couldn't clear the error. Cannot finish the scan.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

TNX

Sceneryguru

Good morning.

There was a similar error happening quite a few years ago. Could you let me know what operating system your computer is running? And your version of Spybot?
    And is there any chance you have a disk drive, dvd drive or zip drive? Or a removable drive? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Good morning.

There was a similar error happening quite a few years ago. Could you let me know what operating system your computer is running? And your version of Spybot?
    And is there any chance you have a disk drive, dvd drive or zip drive? Or a removable drive? Thanks.
    Good Morning Zenobia:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

SpyBot: Ver: 2.9.82.0
    Start Center: 2.9.82.139

Elements 10B8 mass storage
    USB MTT Hub
    Internal DVD Drive

I appreciate your thoughts on this error message.

All The Best

Sceneryguru

Okay, thanks.
    A very similar error message used to happen sometimes when people were running a spybot scan if they had a removable drive configured as drive letter C:\
    Is there any chance your dvd drive or any other drives might be configured as drive letter C:\?

Okay, thanks.
    A very similar error message used to happen sometimes when people were running a spybot scan if they had a removable drive configured as drive letter C:\
    Is there any chance your dvd drive or any other drives might be configured as drive letter C:\?
    No, my primary internal drive is C:\

The error message in question is recent. Prior to that, SpyBot ran without issue. At the moment I can't run SpyBot to its termination.

I want to keep the software on my desktop. Hopefully, a solution is forthcoming.

All The Best

Sceneryguru

You posted on the 14th. The weekly updates usually are released on Wednesday's, and the 14th was the day after. If this error started happening very recently, I wonder if it might be related to one of the weekly updates somehow. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be worth opening a support ticket to ask about the error.
    Could you please contact Team Spybot using this form?
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

In the meantime, until you hear back from them, you could try putting in a dvd in the dvd drive while you do a Spybot Scan as a temporary solution. It may not work, as I'm not sure what drive Spybot is attempting to scan, but it might be worth a try. This is what some people did when this error came up before.

You posted on the 14th. The weekly updates usually are released on Wednesday's, and the 14th was the day after. If this error started happening very recently, I wonder if it might be related to one of the weekly updates somehow. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be worth opening a support ticket to ask about the error.
    Could you please contact Team Spybot using this form?
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

In the meantime, until you hear back from them, you could try putting in a dvd in the dvd drive while you do a Spybot Scan as a temporary solution. It may not work, as I'm not sure what drive Spybot is attempting to scan, but it might be worth a try. This is what some people did when this error came up before.
    Thanks Zenobia.

You're welcome. Good luck, I hope you get it fixed.