Thread: spybot problem

Default spybot problem

here's my problem. I require active x to run many of my programs including my email. but spybot keeps turning it off and then when i go to use a program i have to redownload shockwave. i've tried putting it in settings where spybot is told to ignore this program (shockwave) but it won't and just keeps deleteing it on me....how can i stop it from doing this?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Can you be a little more specific about exactly what Spybot is detecting and removing. Please run another Spybot scan (do not "Fix selected problems"). When the scan completes, right click on the results list and select "Copy results to clipboard" then paste the clipboard into a new post.

Since you are indicating it is a ActiveX that Spybot is deleting, can you also provide the CLSID of the ActiveX (that is the formatted as follows) and other related information:
    • CLSID = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

If you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > ActiveX the ActiveX process should be listed. You can also right click on that list and select “Copy to clipboard”. After pasting that list to the post, please edit that list so that only the information about the ActiveX that you are concerned with is posted.

With the above information, perhaps someone can help you.

Note: The only "shockwave" that I familiar with is "Macromedia’s shockwave" and I was not aware that it was a target of Spybot's malware scan. There are five (5) types of Macromedia usage tracks that appear to be scan for:
    • Macromedia Director MX
    • Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
    • Macromedia Firework
    • Macromedia Flash MX
    • Macromedia FreeHand MX

However, since the scan for usage tracks is optional and the items must be specifically checked before deletion, I don't believe that these scans are the source of your problem.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.