Thread: spybot hangs up

Default spybot hangs up

Hello,

Although everything else on my computer seems to work, spybot keeps hanging up. First at 499 Baciami, and later on others to the point that it never completes a scan. I have gone through and completed all the steps on the other recent thread under "Spybot Keeps hanging" to no avail. And followed the sticky advice as well. Since I am running firefox I ran Housecall, but never got the option to save a log to show you. I also tried Adaware with the same result. I am running Windows 2000 on an older vaio. I have a hjt file but wasn't sure if I should attach it or wait for some help...Any help would be greatly appreceated.

Scott

Hi there.

If you do wish to post a HJT log please follow the instructions in this sticky topic:
    "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps

Then start your own thread in the malware forum:
    Malware Removal Forum

Curious, which version of Spybot-S&D do you have?

Opening Spybot>Help>About will give you the version and latest detection update.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default May be more here...

Tashi,

The version of spybot is 1.4 with the latest detection 2006-10-06. I will post a HJT log on the malware forum as you suggest as I am now getting some interesting re-directs on the web... Never had a problem before, but the computer was used to go to the myspace website...coincidence???

Thanks for the look see

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Compugeek View Post
    Never had a problem before, but the computer was used to go to the myspace website...coincidence???
    I have myspace blocked, that way no one in the house clicks the wrong click there.
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-10-12 at 01:46. Reason: typo
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016