Thread: Once again, THANK you so very much Spybot team ;)

Talking Once again, THANK you so very much Spybot team ;)

My name is Diddi. I live in Iceland and I'm a hobby "computer doktor".
    That strange hobby came to be when I simply realised one day, that every single computer that I saw was obviously infected by some annoying crap, or was just immensely slow.
    The first computer that I realised was messed up, was my own, after the first time that i connected to a high speed internet connection. ADSL was a breakthrough then. It's a neccesity now!

Anyway, i began my battle against viruses and spyware and it was hard work... until my friend introduced me to this "Ace" program that he called Spybot S&D. I mentioned some other programs that did a similar job but he practically laughed at my ignorance and said that if I had this program, all the others were useless. Soon i came to understand the brilliance of this program and I couldn't grasp how neatly engineered it was in essence. Then when I read these lines by the Father of the program I understood:

I. Freeware
    First of all, the reasons why Spybot-S&D is free:

I.a. Dedication
    Spybot-S&D is dedicated to the most wonderful girl on earth

I.b. Binary
    What do you get if you buy software? Lots of ones and zeros, nothing more. If they were distributed as art, I could understand paying it. But if the main goal of their order is to earn money - by fees or ads - I don't like it!

I.c. Conclusion
    This means that I grant you the license to use Spybot-S&D as much as you like. But if you like it, I ask two things of you: say a prayer for me (and the most wonderful girl while you're at it ) to your god - or whatever you believe - and wish us some luck.

...This program was made with love!! And passion! Passion for good programming and for the battle against all the "evil" programming done by various low-life scammers and cyberpirates, in the information Sea that is the internet. I haven't donated recently to any humanitarian or "feed the poor" foundation, but I felt obligated to give a little something back to the Kings of antispyware. You guys simply have such a compelling argument! Thanks to you, all the half ruined computers that I have equipped with your ingenious weapon, are now just fine! Computers that would have been otherwise replaced well before their time...

I will keep spreading Spybot S&D as long as I have any strength left in my body :P
    You are my heroes

Hello,

Thank you very much for your nice post.
    We are glad to have helped you withour Spybot Search and Destroy and that you like our software.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot