Thread: Computer not booting

Default Computer not booting

This problem started when I set Spybot to run once at boot, when it boot it didnt work, and the computer completely halted after the windows screen, but before explorer would launch.

I could, through control panel, run explorer, and got back to spybot, I undid the option and rebooted to the same halt.

I reset it again with a few new options, and got the Spybot scan to work, and then once it finished, the comptuer booted normally.

To check I rebooted to see if it would still work, after the reboot, Spybot didnt run, but it halted on the boot at the same place again.

I reset Spybot to run once and it worked once, then froze the seccond.

I tried setting Spybot to run at all boot, but it wouldnt launch on boot.

At this point I dont really care to have it run on boot for these problems, I just want my computer to boot without me turning it on and off 2 times.

Thanks in advance, and whomever responds to this, if you need any more information, just let me know what you need, and I'll get it up.

Hi L8u8k8e8,
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problems. Have you tried opening SpyBot, and clicking on "Help" at the top?

With all due respect, how did that even come close to helping the problem I described.

The system startup part of the help program does not even address the problem, it is a part of the spybot program that helps to identify startup programs, nothing to what I need.

I'm confused with your problem You might wanna try re-installing spybot, that might fix the problem. If that does not work, hopefully tashi can help you.
    Are you being watched?

Security Expert-Emeritus

Hi L8u8k8e8
    Please start a topic in our malware section, post a Hijackthis and a free antivirus online scan so we can get a closer look at your system.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Dont post those logs here though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2006